Hey Tom! take look

Status
Not open for further replies.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
Hey Tom...after we shared about Daisys new enclosure I was prompted to see if I still had some pics of the burrow I told you about...so here is what it looked like as we dismantled the habitat, we had already popped the top and pulled the wood that shored up the tunnel ...plus threw one in of Herman coming out after winter sleep, just for fun:p

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hey thanks. Did you keep track of temps down there at all? How deep was it at tortoise level? I thought you said 5'. Is that right?

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Hi Tom...the temps were not tracked.:(...it was deeper prior to ripping the top off ...as alot of sa.d fell in....pics were an after thought once the demo had already began....my prior boss was relocated and so the new park super would not allow them to remain so once we got Herman out it was a quick pull apart...actually after we finished pulling out two more levels of the wood shoring out of the sleeping quarter area and the spikes I just jumped in the backups dropped a bucket of sand then packed it in....I believe had we scraped out a majority of the sand and then replaced with soil the older tortoise would not have become impacted....the younger one has perfect eyesight a.d I believe did not ingest sand the same way?

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Sorry about the typos in my prior post, was using my smart phone and it is still trying to fix the words I intend to use with ones it knows....:p

when it reads I just jumped in the "backup"..should have been "backhoe":p
(silly phone)

Tom, this was the very first one in the dirt that i have ever built, I have learned some since then...just sharing the past schoolings :D I would never ever ever allow a tortoise to be housed in sand EVER, did I say EVER again....its bee fun Tom ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.