Hey everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingDes

5 Year Member
Hi my name is Carlos and I have been seriously considering getting a tortoise pal. The only thing that has stopped me from actually having one is locating a pet store that has a tortoise, I have traveled for miles looking, I found one pet store with a Red-footed tortoise, but he did not seem very healthy... But I have decided on a Red-footed tortoise, and there is a reptile expo arriving in my area in about two weeks so I will check that out and finally get my tortoise. I found this forum by googling tortoise forums and I have learned a lot from this forum by reading some posts, hopefully some day I can contribute helpful information. Well thanks for taking time out to read this post and hopefully my tortoise will be a lifelong pal.

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
USA
Welcome to the forum Carlos :)

Danny

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Welcome Carlos. Hope you find your tort at the expo and don't forget to post some pictures.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Carlos:

2092819e72fdjq3sv.gif

to the forum!!

Take a look at http://turtletary.com/ and at http://redfoots.com/ Besides showing you how to take care of your new tortoise, he also sells them.

Yvonne

KingDes

5 Year Member
Thanks for the greetings everyone, and I would love to buy a tortoise via the internet, but the thought of that animal in a fedex box >< being shipped all the way here, I just don't like that idea. I don't even like being cooped up in a airplane, I can't even imagine a tortoise.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
They ship overnight. That means the shipper boxes them up in the early afternoon. The tortoise is safe and secure inside and usually goes to sleep. They are delivered by around noon the next day and most start eating right out of the box. Don't put human feelings on animals. They do just fine! :D

Yvonne

KingDes

5 Year Member
Wow really? It just happens that tortoise's are my favorite animals so any little harm to them I take to the extreme, but then I remember,they're tough little guys, if the reptile expo doesn't have any red-footed tortoise's, then I'll order one online, thanks for the info and thanks again for the greetings.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Carlos, welcome to the forum. Remember to ask at the expo if you find one if they have any guarantee some do some don't. Also ask if they are the breeders or just sellers. Can make a difference. :)

KingDes

5 Year Member
Thanks for the info everyone, and I'm thinking of calling the tortoise Peppah :D

Status
Not open for further replies.