hermy crushed by a rock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TurtleTortoise

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Michigan
I came home today to see my baby greek had a rock fall on him. I had rocks leading as a ramp up onto a platform that he could go under. He does, its his favorite spot (probably not any more though). He must have pushed against it and it slid off and was on him. He couldnt move so he was stuck under there. I havent been home so he could have been under all day. He appears fine but im not sure.:(

sorry about post im in a hurry.

Stephanie

5 Year Member
Southern California
I'm so sorry to read that; is Hermy alright now?
Poor little guy...make sure to remove those rocks for him. (Or maybe somehow glue them all in place? I'm awful with things such as that though...maybe someone else can help)

LaTortue

5 Year Member
Borex, Switzerland
It almost sounded as if Hermy died!! I'm glad he's physically ok. But next time be weary, heavy things like rocks could kill your pet. Make sure they are properly adjusted!! Or perhaps use smaller thinner rocks?

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
*breathes a bit easier* From your title I thought Hermy was crushed as in crushed dead. So glad that is not the case. So can you glue the rock?

TurtleTortoise

5 Year Member
Michigan
Yeah, I thought the rock was stable, it was leaning against a pot too. I guess he really pushed hard. The rock isn't big but compared to him it us. He does seem physically fine, eating, moving, sleeping right know. I'll update tomorrow when I can. (probably after 3:00 pm unfortunately)

Thanks for the kind words!

LaNino

5 Year Member
Pheew i thought that hermy is injured.. glad to hear that he is still okay..can you give the pic of herny?

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
If in an inside enclosure, use silicone glue to secure rocks, if outside, use a little mortar.

If you're careful, you can make a secure rock formation appear perfectly "natural".

ea72e7f6-7d4e-4b94-a598-479159d1a204

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
You can buy tubes of plain silicone sealant ant any hardware store. It comes in tubes to be used in a caulking gun. Clean the rock surface well, let it dry and then go nuts with the silicone. It completely cures in 48 hours and then its ready to go. You'll never have this problem again.

Glad he's okay.

TurtleTortoise

5 Year Member
Michigan
Update: He is fine! So far everything's ok, eating, walking, basking, now he even went to sleep back were the rock fell on him. I will defiantly secure the rocks down! Thank you all!!

HipsterTorts

5 Year Member
Southern California
Glad to hear he's fine!:)
Im always scared one of my torts will have a rock crush them. So far we've only had nose dives off the rocks lol

Status
Not open for further replies.