Here goes..."Passing gas?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonaTello's-Mom

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
California, central coast
I have noticed my 1y DonaTello letting loose with some little toots (farts,gas). So my question is this, it's normal right? I mean it's gotta go somewhere!? Of course I worry about things still being rather new to torties but as I recall reading Maggies post on Bob's HUMONGOUS poo pile, could this be the start of constipation? I don't know.....help?

Hope I didn't use a "bad" forum word.

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
No! On this forum, it's called "trumping". English style. ;)

Seriously, we had a thread about this topic once, and everybody chimed in about their farting--oops, trumping tortoises. :D

It must be pretty cute coming from a baby. In a few years he'll be able to clear the room, I imagine. :p

DonaTello's-Mom

5 Year Member
Oh I'm so sorry for posting it. Okay, trumping.....trumping....never heard that word before.....trumping.....trumping. Got it! So what your saying is a little "trumping" is normal then? Really I was kinda shocked when I first heard it. Lol. I mean he's only 4 inches and it was LOUD. So loud that my 2 chi dogs came running over to the tort table! Today I was watching him eat and then, well you know the rest of the story. I guess we should start stocking up on air freshener now!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi "mom:"

Don't worry about it. Stephanie was posting tongue-in-cheek! Here on the forum our favorite topics seem to be farts and poo!!

M

Maggie Cummings

No, I hate the word poo. It's poop to me and I don't mind farting...:D I don't know why I feel there's a difference but I do...

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
I agree Maggie!! My roommate uses the word "poo" and it grosses me out. "Poop" is fine though :)

DonaTello's-Mom

5 Year Member
It's Jill Yvonne. Please don't call me mom, I hear it all Day! Yeah I say poop too. But when cleaning horse stalls it's just plain ole sh*t! And too much of it!

Jill

When he gets bigger theres gonna be more....more...Poop!

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
maggie3fan said:
No, I hate the word poo. It's poop to me and I don't mind farting...:D I don't know why I feel there's a difference but I do...

That is so funny...my husband always complains when I say "poo" instead of "poop". What is it about these words that is so different?! :p

I admit I found the "trump" word aesthetically pleasing...much more "melodious" to the ears than "fart"...OK I'm done with the silliness of this topic...Yvonne is right, but the bigger question is WHY do we treasure these discussions? :rolleyes:

M

Maggie Cummings

I don't know what the difference is between poo and poop other then another P...I also hate, seriously hate I should say, the word sully. Again, I have no reason...I just hate the way it sounds, or how it demeans the species as a whole...I really don't know why I hate it. In fact it bothers me so much that I sent a PM to an active posting member and asked him to stop using the word sully, and I think for the most part he has...When I told a friend what I had done she was aghast! How could you do that? She said it was pretty ballsy.
I don't think it was ballsy at all, I think that is how you start to change things. The person whom I sent the PM to is an active member with some push or some real connection on the forum and I kinda thought if he stopped using the word sully others might follow. So if he is reading this...thanks for what you have already done and I apologize if I overstepped a boundary...:)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
going off on a tangent here...I hate "sully" too, but the one that really gets me is "boxie." (And yes, I have a Doberman, and I DON'T refer to her as a "Dobie.")

Tiffanymac

5 Year Member
DonaTello said:
Oh I'm so sorry for posting it. Okay, trumping.....trumping....never heard that word before.....trumping.....trumping. Got it! So what your saying is a little "trumping" is normal then? Really I was kinda shocked when I first heard it. Lol. I mean he's only 4 inches and it was LOUD. So loud that my 2 chi dogs came running over to the tort table! Today I was watching him eat and then, well you know the rest of the story. I guess we should start stocking up on air freshener now!

LOL at this thread! :D I, personally like the little "air bubbles" when Ollie is soaking! :p

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
My husband's mom once told me that men fart, women fluff. :p

And I have duly noted that it is "Sulcahta", "poop", "box turtle" and "Doberman". ;)

Anything else?

dreadyA

5 Year Member
southern cal.
shesh. If i had known all these " i hate when people say ____", i wouldnt have EVER said the nicknames. I actually posted today with the word "sully".
Trump!

Stephanie Logan said:
My husband's mom once told me that men fart, women fluff. :p

And I have duly noted that it is "Sulcahta", "poop", "box turtle" and "Doberman". ;)

Anything else?

my gf does "fluff" hahaha

Does NOT.

I will never use the terms, "boxie","sully",or"poop " ever again. :D

M

Maggie Cummings

Such silliness...but it's stuff like this that relieves the tension of constantly having to give advice and make sure it's correct and someone's little Sully is dying...Sometimes silliness is good...done now I guess...and I will try hard to remember Mom is not Mom she's Jill :D

Status
Not open for further replies.