Help with an Indoor Enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

HipsterTorts

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
So I took my torts to the vet today and it turns out why one of them wont eat or be active is because she's extremely stressed. Dr. Greek thinks my older tort(they are both babies) Indie who is a good inch and a half bigger then Willow is being quite the bully. But the only way to fix this is to separate them. So I've decided to put together two different enclosure. Right now I have their enclosure split down the middle. This is fine for Willow but Indie is trying to climb out(which she hasn't done before). She's not to fond of her smaller area. Also, I've found it harder to keep a cool side and a hot spot.

So now I am in need of some help to figure out a good set up!:) This is the space I have to work with:
DSC00733.jpg

The light and filing cabinet can easily be moved some where else.

So anyone got any good ideas? Or maybe pictures that are good examples?

Thanks!

SteveP

5 Year Member
Royal Palm Beach, FL
Maybe do two seperate bins for them. Set it up where they cant see each other. Maybe the out of sight, out of mind theory will work for them.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
When I first got my sulcatas, I had a table like that with one on top and one below. It'd probably be the fastest and easiest set up.

B

byerssusan

HipsterTorts said:
So I took my torts to the vet today and it turns out why one of them wont eat or be active is because she's extremely stressed. Dr. Greek thinks my older tort(they are both babies) Indie who is a good inch and a half bigger then Willow is being quite the bully. But the only way to fix this is to separate them. So I've decided to put together two different enclosure. Right now I have their enclosure split down the middle. This is fine for Willow but Indie is trying to climb out(which she hasn't done before). She's not to fond of her smaller area. Also, I've found it harder to keep a cool side and a hot spot.

So now I am in need of some help to figure out a good set up!:) This is the space I have to work with:
DSC00733.jpg

The light and filing cabinet can easily be moved some where else.

So anyone got any good ideas? Or maybe pictures that are good examples?

Thanks!

Well I don't know if this might help. But if you have an old book shelf..Lay it flat, take out the shelfs, leave one in for the divider. Thats what I have my Sulcata in is an old book shelf I took out two shelfs... and works really well. Heres a pic of what I did. So if you have an old book shelf around won't cost you a thing to set up except for time. That would be my idea

Status
Not open for further replies.