Help Id Male or Female

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlocke45

5 Year Member
Hey i have a group of 5 sri lankan star beauties, incubated for three females and two males, any help in determing sex would be greatly appreciated. Two are from the kranzes in wisconsin and the other three are from douglas beard in florida, all excellent people and very knowledgable.Star # D.jpgStar # E.jpgStar #  C.jpgStar # B.jpgStar # A.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

JourneyTort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ontario, Canada
mlocke45 said:
Hey i have a group of 5 sri lankan star beauties, incubated for three females and two males, any help in determing sex would be greatly appreciated. Two are from the kranzes in wisconsin and the other three are from douglas beard in florida, all excellent people and very knowledgable.

I am only seeing one male 'E'. I will take another look at the pics but my experience is with Indian Stars, how old are these guys?

onarock

5 Year Member
Hawaii
A) is a hard one. The anal scute tips appear to be pointing in and that to me would indicate female, but the angle of the picture could just make them look that way. The tail block says male. How old are these?
B) Female
C) Female
D) Female
E) Male

You might want to wait and see if Danny looks at them.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Mlocke45:

Welcome to the forum!!

May we know your name and where you are?

mlocke45

5 Year Member
hello everyone thank you for looking. my name is matt and i am on oahu. These are sri lankan stars. B and C are just under four years old. A, D, and E are just three years old. A, D, and E, are from Mr Douglas Beard and B and C are from the kranzes. Here is a pic of all of them A-E in order of largest to smallest, with A being the largest one and E being the smallestStars A-E.jpg

E being a male makes sense since he is the smallest. A was incubated for male but seeing as how he is the biggest and a year younger than B and C i am thinking female as well. Any body have any 3-5 year old sri lankan males for sale or trade if it turns out i have four females or even all five?

JourneyTort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Ontario, Canada
mlocke45 said:
hello everyone thank you for looking. my name is matt and i am on oahu. These are sri lankan stars. B and C are just under four years old. A, D, and E are just three years old. A, D, and E, are from Mr Douglas Beard and B and C are from the kranzes. Here is a pic of all of them A-E in order of largest to smallest, with A being the largest one and E being the smallest

E being a male makes sense since he is the smallest. A was incubated for male but seeing as how he is the biggest and a year younger than B and C i am thinking female as well. Any body have any 3-5 year old sri lankan males for sale or trade if it turns out i have four females or even all five?

I still am only seeing one male, but I am bumping this up for Danny and/or Douglas B/Elegans.

mlocke45

5 Year Member
Journey tort i appreciate your trying to help and bumping the pics to douglas and danny.

mlocke45

5 Year Member
Here are some more pics of star #A. He/she is 5 inches SCL and just under three years old. its my biggest star. maybe these pics are a little better angles.#A tail.jpg#A tail 2.jpg#A tail 3.jpg

elegans

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
I have not been here in a while, I would say that you have all females. I have seen a tortoise "develope" into a male at those sizes over the course of a summer. But they all look like girls to me. Not that is a bad thing. The first group of babies that we got turned out to be 8.2 out of 10 which really sucked. My new cell# is 786-320-4730 home remains the same 305-246-3129 Douglas

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
I agree with Douglas :) They all look like females to me. :D

Danny

Status
Not open for further replies.