Help! Help! Help! From Central California to Washington

Barbecue

Location (City and/or State)
Myrtle Pt., Oregon
please make sure she doesnt stay too long on the heating pad/plate and that its low as they can get burned. Thats why I like a portable room heater for the entire room. (ran 25 dollars at home depot).a few feet away..save money on house heating bill too..and safer. Auto shut off when gets to 75 degree bracket. Also than Mojo can get out and walk around the room vs sleep all day..I dont want a fat tortie.. Sometimes too dry so I went to walgreens and bought a humidifer for the room..moisture in the air is good for us too.
There is no Temperature setting on this plate. I dont let her stay long on it yet. It is an expensive item. I am going to call the Company today. Find out more about this Plate. Do more research get more customer opinion on it. Go on line www.zoomed.com Any long time experience with this Product would be great to know :-}

Barbecue

Myrtle Pt., Oregon
The heater plate? Like the one I took a picture of above? do you leave it on all of the time? What does it sit on? I put hers on for her once and she ignored it. Perhaps I should give it a few more tries. Thank you.
Yes, exactly like yours. It took Daisy a couple of times too before she took a nap on it, she stretched out and just loved it but i have not yet let her sleep the night on it yet. I dont know enough of this plate. Going to call of go on the web today and find out more about it

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Heating pads aren't usually recommended for torts unless you have something like a thermostatically controlled Kane mat.
If you follow the suggestions in the caresheet for heating and lighting you should be fine.

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
We've had Shirley for 40 years. There is no family to leave her with. I didn't just want to abandon her. I am TRYING to give her a good environment. I feel just awful for her.
The heater plate? Like the one I took a picture of above? do you leave it on all of the time? What does it sit on? I put hers on for her once and she ignored it. Perhaps I should give it a few more tries. Thank you.
no heater pad or plate or any other heat element without a controller...why can't you build a tort table for the winter and an outside pen for summer during the day?

Barbecue

Myrtle Pt., Oregon
Yes, exactly like yours. It took Daisy a couple of times too before she took a nap on it, she stretched out and just loved it but i have not yet let her sleep the night on it yet. I dont know enough of this plate. Going to call of go on the web today and find out more about it

Barbecue

Myrtle Pt., Oregon
I am in agreement with the other Tort Owners. If u can get ur money back on the a t Heater Plate u can use the monies for something more practical. Seems like it was and is a waste of my money
LOL! What was I thinking?!?!