Help! (bubbles)

Patorikku

I took Phteven outside today like I have for the past few days to the same area. We were live streaming his day when suddenly my son noticed these bubbles coming from him. Can anyone tell me what's going on?

ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1472660470.665456.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
The usual reasons are overheating or ate something slightly toxic.

Patorikku

Ok. I think it may be overheating. I kept him outside for about 30-45 minutes to intentionally get him some natural sunlight as we aren't able to keep him outside. I'm guessing he overheated. I've got him back inside and have sprayed him with water (a spray bottle).

Jodie

5 Year Member
Spokane Valley WA
I would give him a nice long soak in about 85F to 95F water. An hour would be good. Don't let the water get cold.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
from the picture if that is his normal area it does not look like there's any shade around

Patorikku

from the picture if that is his normal area it does not look like there's any shade around
The post states that he was placed outside for 30-45 minutes. We travel a lot and this was a part of his weekly natural sunlight treatment. I'm guessing it just got too hot.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
The post states that he was placed outside for 30-45 minutes. We travel a lot and this was a part of his weekly natural sunlight treatment. I'm guessing it just got too hot.
if there's no shade a tortoise can easily overheat in 45 minutes

BrianWI

5 Year Member
Wisconsin
His radiator overheated! He will be fine. Do try to take him where shade is available.

Patorikku

Thanks everyone. Phteven is back to his normal self because of the advice y'all gave!

Pearly

5 Year Member
Central Texas, Austin area
One of my RF babies did that once while outside too. It scared me. But gave him a nice long bath and he was fine. I too think it was from overheating