Bubbles out of his mouth

Status
Not open for further replies.

luket

5 Year Member
When I took my rf tortoise out in the sun light . A few minutes later there were bubbles coming out of her mouth is that bad

luket

5 Year Member
She might when I took her inside to get some water she stayed in the bowl for a long time

pfara

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Maryland
How long did you leave her out for? What was the temperature at and were there shady places she could retreat to in order to regulate her temps? Gotta watch out for overheating. Little ones can easily overheat since they're so small. Also, I think I've read that once they overheat, they're more likely to be susceptible to it in the future. Hope she's all better now.

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
.yes, your tort overheated. Just make sure next time there is shade available. You did the right thing by soaking right away.

EchoTheLeoTort

5 Year Member
United States
overheated for sure. Don't take them out when its overly hot out. Provide a soaking dish so she can climb in it outside if she feels warm. Provide a shaded area to go into as well. Keep it short and sweet if its super hot out. It'd be perfectly fine if the tort only gets 2 30 minute sessions a week outside. She will get ample UVB.

Status
Not open for further replies.