Help!! Baby tortoise weight gain!

alicesarah

Hi there, I've had my Tortoise since January and he has barley gained any weight since we've had him! I've tried new foods, new bulbs and everything I can think of but he is still the same size and weight! Any suggestions? ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1441635363.724756.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1441635401.145102.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Alice, and welcome to the Forum!

Russian tortoises are a small species. The don't grow as quickly as other, larger species do.

There are several things that encourage growth: Real sunshine, lots of exercise, the correct habitat temperature, moisture/humidity and the correct diet. Please read the care sheet for baby russian tortoises that we have pinned at the top of our Russian section, and make any tweaks and adjustments to your care of this baby.

alicesarah

Hi Alice, and welcome to the Forum!

Russian tortoises are a small species. The don't grow as quickly as other, larger species do.

There are several things that encourage growth: Real sunshine, lots of exercise, the correct habitat temperature, moisture/humidity and the correct diet. Please read the care sheet for baby russian tortoises that we have pinned at the top of our Russian section, and make any tweaks and adjustments to your care of this baby.
Thanks for your reply! I'll have a read thank you!x

Jodie

5 Year Member
Spokane Valley WA
Welcome to the forum. He is so cute. Ask any questions you have about the care sheets and information you find.

Vishnu2

5 Year Member
Gran Pulse
He is totally adorable. :) Welcome to the forum. You're going to love it here!!