Hello!

Status
Not open for further replies.

accutort

5 Year Member
Hey everybody!

So I've just inherited a 2 year old sulcata tortoise (at least that is what I think he is...) and I'm so happy to have found this forum! I've been trying to figure out all day what to get for him because it seems he hasn't been living in the best conditions for the past couple of months- he currently has alfalfa pellets and slight pyramiding which worries me. I bought him repti bark and coco husk this morning to change the substrate. Is that a good option? Thanks!

morloch

5 Year Member
Hello, I've used it, I think it's good,, give him regular soaks and misting, You will learn lots here!! The folks on here are fantastic!! Enjoy!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and WELCOME:D. If you can get him outside on warm days, that's best. Feed natural grazing on edible weeds and grasses, check out thetorotisetable.org for edible safe plants. Supplement with cactus, hibiscus, spring mix, mulberry leafs, mixed dark greens like endive, kale mustard greens, etc. Also Mazuri tortoise diet is a good food. Soak it before feeding. Have water available to him 24/7. That's a start, others will add on.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi accutort:

Welcome! Glad you've found us.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Hi! May I make a suggestion? First let's be sure what kind of tortoise your working with and then go from there. Can you post a couple of pictures of him, please. :tort:

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Welcome to the forum! Trust me, you will learn (in my opinion) all you need to know from the great people on here! Best of luck and post some pictures if you can!

accutort

5 Year Member
tort.jpg Thanks everybody for your replies! Here is a picture of him... I'm pretty sure he's a sulcata but I might be wrong...?

Last edited by a moderator:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Yes, he's a sulcata. And he looks none the worse for wear...pretty nice, actually. With the new, moistened substrate and good diet, he should only improve from here!

Status
Not open for further replies.