Hello

Status
Not open for further replies.

freccia

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Malta
Hi, people. I am new to all this stuff about tortoises. About a week ago I found a cute tortoise in the middle of a street, do not know what kind it is yet, nor what it eats, nothing. It is now getting used to us and likes to wander around us. I will be posting some photos of Lilly, although we do not know the sex of this tortoise.
Thanks for the forum and hope somone can help me out to take care of this cute creature.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Welcome! *waves* The members love when somebody comes in with a tortoise to ID, so no doubt you'll soon be knowing what you have. So no luck seeing "Lost Tortoise" posters?

freccia

5 Year Member
Malta
Jacqui said:
Welcome! *waves* The members love when somebody comes in with a tortoise to ID, so no doubt you'll soon be knowing what you have. So no luck seeing "Lost Tortoise" posters?

No posters, probably it was in a wild garden or something, though I found it under a car, almost in the middle of a street. I picked it up because it would definitely have been crushed by a car and it was not worth leaving it to die there. Anyways, this tortoise is getting used to my daughter and wife and roams around in our back yard and also in our home. It is about 8inches long and has long claws in the front and chubby feet at the back. It has already become part of our family, although it has been withus for only a week and a half. I guess it is eating insects, not sure, but it does not want any lettuce nor tomatoes.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Freccia:

Welcome to the forum!

Its pretty important that you find out what kind of turtle/tortoise it is so that you can give it the correct care. Its not good enough to "think" its eating bugs in the garden. Maybe its a vegetarian and doesn't eat bugs. Maybe its a water turtle and they can only swallow their food if under water. Here's a link to how to post pictures. We'll be happy to I.D. the new pet for you.

http://tortoiseforum.org/thread-5245.html

Status
Not open for further replies.