Hello new here help

megasrimp

Location (City and/or State)
arizona
Hi everyone i Really need some Help i found a turtle in the street today i saved it from gettiing smashed by a car i dont know what kind it is but i guess its a land turtle i have no Clue about turtles... im currently searching the Web for a reptile shelter or some what to bring him...
But for now what can i do? What can i feed him? Does he needs water? Is it ok to keep him at room temperature? Is he ill? Does he look ok? He also breaths really loud 20190125_230418.jpeg20190125_230411.jpeg20190125_230359.jpeg20190125_230353.jpeg1548453803414.jpeg20190125_230403.jpeg

xMario

Germany
Hi everyone i Really need some Help i found a turtle in the street today i saved it from gettiing smashed by a car i dont know what kind it is but i guess its a land turtle i have no Clue about turtles... im currently searching the Web for a reptile shelter or some what to bring him...
But for now what can i do? What can i feed him? Does he needs water? Is it ok to keep him at room temperature? Is he ill? Does he look ok? He also breaths really loud View attachment 263210View attachment 263211View attachment 263212View attachment 263213View attachment 263214View attachment 263215
U should definitely offer him water and yes it is a land turtle (tortoise) I'm not sure what type but it could be a Greek tortoise and I don't know from the looks if he's fine
And what temperature is ur room? every room is different.. u should read about Greek tortoises and what they need pls try to bring him to experienced tortoise keepers...

I hope this helps a bit maybe someone on the forum with more knowledge can provide u with more info [emoji106]

Ps: thx for saving a tortoise

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi, and welcome!

This is someone's escaped/lost pet, as this type of tortoise is not native to the U.S. Put up fliers on utility poles around the neighborhood where he was found, and place a free 'found' ad in the local newspaper. Join your "nextdoor" group and post your found tortoise there too.

You can read about the Greek tortoise in the threads pinned at the top of our Greek section.

megasrimp

arizona
Hi, and welcome!

This is someone's escaped/lost pet, as this type of tortoise is not native to the U.S. Put up fliers on utility poles around the neighborhood where he was found, and place a free 'found' ad in the local newspaper. Join your "nextdoor" group and post your found tortoise there too.

You can read about the Greek tortoise in the threads pinned at the top of our Greek section.
Hello yes thank u the turtle is now back to his owners (neighbors 4 houses away) they walked to all houses and ask if someone saw a turtle [emoji2]

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
See if you can encourage the owners to join this site. This guy could use some help with husbandry.
Thanks for saving him!!!