Hello from Texas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nakia

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Haskell, Texas
Figured I'd get the intros done first. I live about 60 miles north of Abilene, TX. I mainly keep snakes of various species. I do have a few lizards, 3 bearded dragons, 1 desert iguana, & a crested eyelash gecko. I also have several 4 legged critters & my husband Jerry, whom I have been married to for over 33 yrs. We have one son & daughter-in-law who live in Alaska & I have 4 grandkitties. My daughter-in-law is not into reptiles or rodents.

Now, on to the tortoises. I have 1 leopard & 1 sulcata babies at present. I haven't had these darling little ones for long. I got them from Mick at Arizona Tortoise Compound & they are just perfect. These are not my first tortoises, I did have a 10" red foot male & a 12" female sulcata a few yrs. back that I raised from hatchlings. A lady I knew wanted my tortoises very badly & I stupidly traded them for her boa constrictor.

I've wanted to get another sulcata for a long time now & and have always loved the leopard tortoises' looks, so I decided it was time to become a tortoise Mom again.

That's about it for now. I will get a few pics posted of my cuties so I can show them off. :tort:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi De'Andrea:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

C

Claireabbo

welcome! :D i would like to see some pics and im sure others would too :)

Nakia

10 Year Member!
Haskell, Texas
Thanks to everyone for all the warm welcomes. I am really enjoying these new babies, they are the cutest!

Re: 81SHOVELHEAD, you had me very curious as to where Santa Fe, TX. is located. Had to get my road atlas out & there it was on the edge of Houston. I was born & raised in Texas & have been all over this vast state, but couldn't remember going through Santa Fe. I've been to & through Houston (my sister lived there for 10 yrs. in the 70s) many times, probably never noticed it before.

My husband drove a truck over the road between 2000-2005 & I rode with him enjoying the U.S. Due to his travels, I have been through every state in the lower 48s & Canada many times. Since my son lives in Alaska, I have been there once in '08, so the only state I've yet to visit is Hawaii & that's not gonna' happen. I'm afraid of flying & deep water. Sooo, until they build that land bridge, I won't ever see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.