Hello From NY!

EmmaE

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
NY
Hello,
I actually don't have a tortoise yet but I have my heart set on a Dalmatian Tortoise. Its home is all set up and now all I need is the little fella. If anyone knows of someone reputable I can get one from please let me know! I'm waiting on replies from 2 people at the moment but haven't heard anything so far.
Emma

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Emma, and welcome to the Forum!

Your best bet is to contact @HermanniChris . He's the go to guy when it comes to Hermanni.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Hello and Welcome to the forum.

Also 100% agree with Yvonne's suggestion above.

EmmaE

5 Year Member
NY
Okay! So I guess my plan is to wait for him to reply to my message (I got the automated message saying they are moving, should I send him another message in a week or just wait?) and then I'll join the waitlist for a Dalmatian tortoise!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Okay! So I guess my plan is to wait for him to reply to my message (I got the automated message saying they are moving, should I send him another message in a week or just wait?) and then I'll join the waitlist for a Dalmatian tortoise!

Chris is moving? Wow! I can't imagine what a big job that must be. He's got many, many animals and habitats. I'll send him an alert - @HermanniChris

He's been very good at responding to alerts here on the Forum, so I'm betting that he'll get back to you when he can. I don't know if the automated thing saves your emails for him to answer at a later date or not, but if you don't hear from him in another week or two, I'd try again.

I don't know if Gary has the Dalmations or not, but you can send him a message too - @GBtortoises

EmmaE

5 Year Member
NY
Chris is moving? Wow! I can't imagine what a big job that must be. He's got many, many animals and habitats. I'll send him an alert - @HermanniChris

He's been very good at responding to alerts here on the Forum, so I'm betting that he'll get back to you when he can. I don't know if the automated thing saves your emails for him to answer at a later date or not, but if you don't hear from him in another week or two, I'd try again.

I don't know if Gary has the Dalmations or not, but you can send him a message too - @GBtortoises
Thank you so so so so so much for all your help! It means a lot to me :)

Alex Z

5 Year Member
NYC
Big greetings!! Much joy will be brought to your life..amazing creatures they are....

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Emma, and everyone:

I emailed to Chris about his moving and he responded that they've bought a new property and it includes a nice outbuilding for the tortoises. He's been very busy with the move and asked me to apologize to our members for his recent absence. He and his wife are also expecting a baby girl in March.

EmmaE

5 Year Member
NY
Hi Emma, and everyone:

I emailed to Chris about his moving and he responded that they've bought a new property and it includes a nice outbuilding for the tortoises. He's been very busy with the move and asked me to apologize to our members for his recent absence. He and his wife are also expecting a baby girl in March.
Oh wow so he has his hands full!! Well all the best to them and I (and probably everyone else) completely understand if he takes some personal time! And congrats too

MParsons327

Welcome to the forum Emma!
Where about it NY are you located? I only ask because I am also located in NY.