Hello from MA!

StaceyJ

Location (City and/or State)
Boston MA
Hello!!!

My name is Stacey and I have just gotten a Russian female tort. She was given to me by a friend who found her more than she could handle. As a child I had aquatic turtles, so this will all be new for me. I welcome advise and friendly hellos!

:tort:;)

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Hello Stacey and Welcome. Good to have you here. Have you browse the Russian section of the forum? Lots useful information there.

So Happy reading! ! !

lismar79

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
Russians have such spunk! They are also master escape artist: climbers and diggers! Welcome :)

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello Stacey welcome to the TFO from AZ . Russians rule ! Have a great tort day !

Sent from my iPhone using TortForum

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the forum, Stacey!

747117wei24kafiu.gif

StaceyJ

Boston MA
Thank you so much everyone!!! She is shy for sure, but I am hoping it's because she's new to our house.

RainsOn

5 Year Member
NE OK
That's it! Keep her warm, fed and soaked. She will love you and respond.
Welcome aboard
:D

StaceyJ

Boston MA
Thank you again!

When I got her she was on some sort of greenish carpet thing... that had to go. After reading on here I gave her some coir and she is doing AMAZING! She is even eating better today! I feel so much better.

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
Hello fellow Russian owner and Massachusetts resident! I'm from central MA.
Sounds like its a good thing she came into your care since you're in the right place and already doing the right stuff.
I was told from a family member who had turtles before, that torts are much easier, she kind of flipped when I said I wanted a turtle too and gave me a lecture on why I didn't lol, still do though ;)

RainsOn

5 Year Member
NE OK
I've had both now and torts are definitely easier. Turtles need clean water and constant cleaning, filters, meat (blood worms - ew!) I used to keep a separate container just for feeding. There was definitely more odor.
My Russian tort seems to use the damp area (a wet towel in a plastic pan) in his terrarium for leaving his bodily deposits - now that makes easy clean up. :D