Hello from Lake Havasu, Az

Demaret521

Location (City and/or State)
Lake Havasu City, Arizona
hello I am Shawn from Arizona. my wife and I are the proud pets to two Sulcatas.. we have other reptiles in the house as well such as a pair of tokay geckos and a pair of leopard geckos.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Shawn, and welcome to the Forum! So your two sulcatas have pets, huh? Usually it's cats that have the upper hand in a relationship. But I know what you mean. You'd do anything for your sulcatas! How big are your tortoises? Still indoors, or big enough to live outside now? I only have one sulcata - Dudley. He lives outside.

Demaret521

Hi Shawn, and welcome to the Forum! So your two sulcatas have pets, huh? Usually it's cats that have the upper hand in a relationship. But I know what you mean. You'd do anything for your sulcatas! How big are your tortoises? Still indoors, or big enough to live outside now? I only have one sulcata - Dudley. He lives outside.
they are 2.5 years old I was told when we got them one is about 8 inches and the other is around 5 they are in an outdoor pen that I have created for now. we recently acquired them I wanted to get one for my wife as she has wanted one for a while now. When I went to look at these with the intent on buying only one I couldn't leave them in the care of the person that had them. The larger of the two has a respiratory infection and they both have MBD severe for their age.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
That's too bad, but it's all good now. Be sure to take a look at our sulcata section and read the threads pinned at the top of the section. Tortoise-keeping has changed a lot in the past few years.

Demaret521

That's too bad, but it's all good now. Be sure to take a look at our sulcata section and read the threads pinned at the top of the section. Tortoise-keeping has changed a lot in the past few years.
ohhh yes it has!!!! I have been lurking for the past few weeks reading. I have noticed most of my knowledge is outdated from when I was taught. I was taught by a family friend when I was growing up and into my 20's.