Hello from Dijon in Missouri

Dijon1

Location (City and/or State)
Missouri
Mom of 3 Russian Tortoises (and a Box Turtle). My avatar is Sophie, my girl. I acquired my 2 boys just before Christmas, and have been nursing them back to health from dehydration and starvation. They had been put in a cardboard box and ignored for weeks. Wade, was young and almost didn't make it, but both he and Wilson are doing fine now. I was used to Sophie's weight, so when I first picked up Wilson, who is larger than Sophie, I almost threw him in the air! He weighed nothing, it was like picking up an empty plastic shell.
Sophie wasn't too wild about having 2 boys join the family and was aggressive toward them for a few months, but now seems to have adjusted. They all get along pretty well now when they are together, but I still only have then all out together when they are supervised.
I do have a question, now that the nice weather is here. Does anyone know of anything that will kill ants and chiggers, but not be harmful to the tortoises or turtle?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome!

Diatomaceous earth, but it only works when it's dry.

Dijon1

Missouri
Thank you, I checked it out online and I think I can use it on my patio where they get really bad in the summer.