Hello from California!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingInCulver

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Hi everyone,
My tortoise Ryan and I have been browsing around here for a couple months now, and would like to say hello!

Ryan is a sulcata, pipped sometime in mid-September of this year which makes him a Virgo. He likes long walks, cactus, dandelions and napping, and has only recently begun to appreciate and enjoy bath time, where he likes to "superman", and then "toothpaste". ;) At his last weigh-in he was about 58 grams and just shy of 2 inches in scute length (if I measured the right points?)

I've been learning so much from this forum and am amazed at the thoughtfulness of everyone contributing. What is clear is that everyone here loves their torts. I've been OCD about reading and re-reading all the threads for noobs and adapting accordingly. It's been about 20 years since I've had a pet :tort: (R.I.P. Poncho, our family boxie), and so I'm excited to have become a "student" again.

The first thing I learned is how much people here love pictures. I'm on it.

Attachments

• ryan 11.5.12.JPG
    ryan 11.5.12.JPG
    188.5 KB · Views: 36
  • Ryan1112.jpg
    Ryan1112.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 37

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi KingInCulver, and welcome to the Forum!!

Ryan is indeed a beauty! Its nice to know we've been helpful to you.

kathyth

10 Year Member!
Beaumont, CA.
Welcome!
You ate right, we do love pictures!
Your tort is beautiful!Welcome to the forum😊

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hello and welcome. 58 grams after a couple of months is pretty good growth. Sounds like you've got it right. :)

KingInCulver

5 Year Member
Southern California
emysemys said:
Hi KingInCulver, and welcome to the Forum!!

Ryan is indeed a beauty! Its nice to know we've been helpful to you.

thanks Yvonne, i've especially appreciated your edible plant knowledge and identification! and i love that you are in the calendar for next year!
ALDABRAMAN said:

hi aldabraman, i just finished your AWESOME thread about your group - amazing. keep up the great work with the photos. i can't get any work done!!!
Tom said:
Hello and welcome. 58 grams after a couple of months is pretty good growth. Sounds like you've got it right. :)

thanks Tom! that means a lot coming from you, and your threads are just so helpful. i've made many adjustments to follow your work as best i can, and if Ryan turns out smoother for it he'll have you to thank!

Status
Not open for further replies.