Hello Everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timothy C

5 Year Member
Hello Everyone,

I have just joined.:D. I will attach a photo of my tortoises when I find a decent photo. I have 2 Testudo Hermanni. I think one is Hermanni Beottgeri and the other Hermanni Hermanni. I am not sure though so any help appreciated! (once there is a photo).

Thanks,
Tim

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Hi Tim! Welcome to the forum. :) I look forward to seeing your two. How long have you had them? :tort: :tort:

Timothy C

5 Year Member
Jacqui said:
Hi Tim! Welcome to the forum. :) I look forward to seeing your two. How long have you had them? :tort: :tort:

I got them for my 10th Birthday. I am 14 now so I have had them for 4 years. I have forgotten how old the torts are but I think they are about 6-8 years old. I found a photo but its not the best I have. There names are Elizebeth (left) and Edward (right).

There beaks seem to be getting very long. Edward was struggling to eat a piece of carrot today. Some websites say you could trim it with a file or nail clippers but I don't think I'm confident enough to do that without seeing it done first! I give them hard foods all the time and they have some cuttlefish which they used to love but they are just not interested in it any more.

Thanks for the reply!
Tim

Timothy C

5 Year Member
elizebethedward.JPGSorry the photo did not load for some reason. Trying again.:D

Last edited by a moderator:

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Welcome:D Do you feed your torts on a piece of flat rock? That also helps to file their beaks down:D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Tim:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

Timothy C

5 Year Member
wellington said:
Welcome:D Do you feed your torts on a piece of flat rock? That also helps to file their beaks down:D

They used to have a flat food tray but this went missing. I'll try and find a rock in the garden that will be suitable. Thanks for the advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.