Heeeeellppp!!! Tort breathing out bubbles!!! :( :( :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chinque

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Florida
Help me please!! I'm really scared!! I was out on the lawn with my tortoise and I picked her up and there was a clear liquid coming out of either her butt or her well, you know then she started either drooling or breathing out bubbles!! Is she going to die!? She's only about 4 months old! All she's had to eat today was a bite of strawberry (she didn't want it) and some kale. Right now she's in her tank under a fake plant next to her slab... Please help ASAP!

Chinque

5 Year Member
Florida
Thanks, austin! I also just called the Vivarium people and they said the exact same thing! I'm so releaved... I thought she was gonna die... When they're overheated, does liquid come out of their, um, lower area like I said, though?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I'm not sure where liquid would come out of or if it does with over heating, most likely drooling.however, you need to be very careful with torts over heating. Make sure they have lots of shade and if the shade area is really hot, then spray it down with the hose or bring them inside the house. In the wild babies would be down in the cooler substrate and not out in the heat of the day.

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
Have you soaked your tort, probably a couple of times a day today and daily for a few days. Make sure she stays hydrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.