Heating for MoMo

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCobbler

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Los Angeles, CA
right now at night i'm using a normal electric heater (for people) and face it towards MoMo's enclosure to keep the temp up. i'm waiting for my ceramic heating emitter (CHE) to come in the mail. it should come in a week maximum! but i'm just wondering if this is ok or if it causes some sort of stress to MoMo because of the noise the fan makes and windflow. I also have a 2" by 4" heat pad stuck to tile in there but it doesn't really work...

Cameron

10 Year Member!
Oklahoma
as long as it's not too close and heats it up too much it should be fine. is the enclosure glass? just gotta make sure it doesn't overheat in there.

what kind of heat pad? make sure it's on a thermostat so that it doesn't get too hot, and check it often with a digital thermometer. i have had a thermostat fail and got my heat tape too hot and it burned the belly of one of my snakes. just monitor the temps and everything should be fine.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
I agree with cameron, just keep an eye on the temp to make sure it doesn't get to hot in the enclosure. Hope you get that (CHE) in soon..

Status
Not open for further replies.