HALPP!!!! clear nasal discharge

ez13e42

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Madison, WI
still eating, pooping, it got to around 70degrees room temp one night and i wokeup
saw him with a wet nose? clear, no colour~ soaked him for 15mins
went away the rest of the day, next morning kept temps around 80 all night
still wokeup with alittle wet nose? soaked him again and it went away all day? still ate/urates

i up'd the temps to 85-90 all day on cool side
threw some really dry substrate in his hide box so
it wouldnt be so moist gonna see if he still has wet nose tomorrow morning

he seemed fine befro?
did i spray him too much? 2-3times daily, morning, afternoon,
sometimes in the evening 1-2hrs befro i shut the lights out
too much humidity/damp areas? 80% in the morning dropping slowly to 50 throughout the day

he has a good diet, and appetite
i soak him every morning in warm water

3-4month old ibera greek

should i be worried? ive been reading up on it
some say stress some say just up the temps and wait?
for how long should i wait? its been 2days including today

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
still eating, pooping, it got to around 70degrees room temp one night and i wokeup
saw him with a wet nose? clear, no colour~ soaked him for 15mins
went away the rest of the day, next morning kept temps around 80 all night
still wokeup with alittle wet nose? soaked him again and it went away all day? still ate/urates

i up'd the temps to 85-90 all day on cool side
threw some really dry substrate in his hide box so
it wouldnt be so moist gonna see if he still has wet nose tomorrow morning

he seemed fine befro?
did i spray him too much? 2-3times daily, morning, afternoon,
sometimes in the evening 1-2hrs befro i shut the lights out
too much humidity/damp areas? 80% in the morning dropping slowly to 50 throughout the day

he has a good diet, and appetite
i soak him every morning in warm water

3-4month old ibera greek

should i be worried? ive been reading up on it
some say stress some say just up the temps and wait?
for how long should i wait? its been 2days including today

So clear fluid from time to time from the nose all by itself is not a sure fire sign of illness, so you can relax a bit :) I would be sure to keep night temps no less than 80 especially if you are misting and keeping a highly moist environment....

ez13e42

5 Year Member
Madison, WI
So clear fluid from time to time from the nose all by itself is not a sure fire sign of illness, so you can relax a bit :) I would be sure to keep night temps no less than 80 especially if you are misting and keeping a highly moist environment....

didnt mist anything yesterday, humidity was around 50 all day, coolend was 85-90 hot end was 100
all night temp was 85-86, room temp was 73-75%
he didnt have wet nose this morning, BUT i did find him ontop of his rock right below the CHE
so maybe hes not getting any heat during the night? maybe ill switchup his setup?
idk if i want to keep humidity that high anymore hahahahaha >.<

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
didnt mist anything yesterday, humidity was around 50 all day, coolend was 85-90 hot end was 100
all night temp was 85-86, room temp was 73-75%
he didnt have wet nose this morning, BUT i did find him ontop of his rock right below the CHE
so maybe hes not getting any heat during the night? maybe ill switchup his setup?
idk if i want to keep humidity that high anymore hahahahaha >.<

Oh good, no wet nose....well, I would make sure to keep the cool end temp at 78-80 on the cool end (if you are not going to keep high humidity in the entire enclosure) and the rest of the enclosure at about 85ish and the basking spot 100---if you offer up a gradient from the cooler to the basking spot (again, if you are not going to run high humidity always in the entire enclosure) that the tort can utilize in regulating their temps.....a good way to assure the tort can juicy up when he wants to is to create a warm humid hide that he can use any time he wants---the humid hide must be kept warm or it will be a cold wet place which can end up with the tort becoming sick...warm and humid hide good, wet and cold hide bad....

ez13e42

5 Year Member
Madison, WI
Oh good, no wet nose....well, I would make sure to keep the cool end temp at 78-80 on the cool end (if you are not going to keep high humidity in the entire enclosure) and the rest of the enclosure at about 85ish and the basking spot 100---if you offer up a gradient from the cooler to the basking spot (again, if you are not going to run high humidity always in the entire enclosure) that the tort can utilize in regulating their temps.....a good way to assure the tort can juicy up when he wants to is to create a warm humid hide that he can use any time he wants---the humid hide must be kept warm or it will be a cold wet place which can end up with the tort becoming sick...warm and humid hide good, wet and cold hide bad....

=[[ he had a little nose drip this morning again, soaked, pee'd no urates/poop
after soaking seemed like some mucus or maybe just slimy-ish water? :S came out from his nose
he still ate, basked, came home saw alittle substrate crud on his nose, maybe blocking his breathing? (topsoil/coconut coir)
soaked him again, he ate again, wandered around

i think if hes still runny till weds with low humidity and ambient room temp of 72-75 during the night
ill take him to the vet just to be safe

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
I would bump the temps to 80 day and night and not let the temp drop below that....when you offer up a warmer environment to a tort that seems a little less than 100%, the increased temps will also increase the torts immune system to go into overdrive...so a tad warmer is not going to cause a problem....just be sure that you continue to offer daily warm water soaks....