Haiii guys >u<

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starstrucksadie

5 Year Member
My name's Saydee. i owned a 3 toed box turtle for 11 years, he just passed away friday. i believe he was in his 20s when he died. im not sure because i got him out of the wild wen i was 8 (im now 19) and my grandfather was going to turn him into soup so i took him home.
I went and bought a Greek tortoise saturday to help with my grieving, and boy do i love this little guy! He's a 7 month old male, and i named him Stotle! Stotle gets scared kinda easy (he scares himself) but he is super active, he loves getting out of his tank and exploring my room and my yard. i havent gotten him to really eat yet, although yesterday when he was in my yard he ate afew dandilions! I've just been nuts about him since he came home! He already recognizes me and isnt scared of me C: does anyone have any tips to get him to eat, or and tips on making him happy and entertaining him? thanks guys!

Here's a picture of Stotle btw C:
RSCN0738.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Q'sTortie

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Tampa, Florida
Welcome! Sorry that Saydee has passed but congrats on Stotle. Stotle is very beautiful! :D

shellysmom

10 Year Member!
Stotle looks sweet,and great name! I'm glad you were able to save your box turtle from being soup! I'm a sulcata person myself, so I'll let the greek people chime in. :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum, Saydee!

Welcome to the Forum, Saydee!

Too bad about your box turtle. But congrats on the Greek!

Starstrucksadie

5 Year Member
Q said:
Welcome! Sorry that Saydee has passed but congrats on Stotle. Stotle is very beautiful! :D
haha MY name is Saydee, my turtle's name was Speedy xD but thank you C:

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome. Sorry about the passing of the boxie and congrats on the Greek. Give him some time to get settled in and used to the surroundings. When you feed him, give him the food and walk away. Until he is really comfy, he may not want to eat if you are standing over him watching. Also, he may be a she, as 7 months is too young to sex. He looks bigger then 7 months in the pic.

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
Hello and welcome. You have a very beautiful Greek . Good luck. Let your baby settle in a bit and get used to his surroundings. I'm sure once he is comfortable you won't have any troubles...good luck..

Starstrucksadie

5 Year Member
wellington said:
Hello and Welcome. Sorry about the passing of the boxie and congrats on the Greek. Give him some time to get settled in and used to the surroundings. When you feed him, give him the food and walk away. Until he is really comfy, he may not want to eat if you are standing over him watching. Also, he may be a she, as 7 months is too young to sex. He looks bigger then 7 months in the pic.
they told me at the pet store he was 6-9 months old so i jst estimated his age, but he has a concave shell underneath and his shell in the back makes more of a V than a U. how old do you guys think he is then?:O

Status
Not open for further replies.