Habitat ideas

goldengreek sally

In my tortoises habitat I was wondering if there is anything I could put in there so then during the day she didn't have to just walk around and she could do more

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
This is one reason why tortoises need a BIG container for an indoor habitat. In order to be able to add plenty of sight barriers - plants, boulders, knick knacks, etc - you have to have a lot of room.

In my opinion, when a tortoise wakes up and comes out in the a.m. there should be so many sight interruptions in the habitat that he can't see his whole world; he can't see from one end of the habitat to the other. He will have to walk around things in order to see his whole world. And maybe he will find a little spot of food over there behind that rock, a bit more food over there behind that plant, etc.

Some tortoises like to climb up things and jump off. Some like to push things around, like small, colored balls.

You deserve a lot of credit for thinking about your tortoise's mental well-being! (and welcome to the Forum!!)

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Hi and welcome, if you can post a pic of what you have already then members can advise better on what your options maybe.

Jodie

5 Year Member
Spokane Valley WA
Welcome to the forum. I love to use spider plants in my enclosures. I also use rocks around food and water areas, and build hills. Ramps in double decker enclosures are fun too. A picture of what you have will make it easier for us to give you ideas.
IMG_20151115_173936.jpg
IMG_20150531_203614.jpg