Ha ha ha...My tiny sulcata just RAMMED ME! :D

Prairie Mom

Tell the kids to stay out from in front of the tortoise. If the tortoise approaches you and just keeps walking instead of stopping short, you can assume its going to try and push you. My little girl has been walking amongst all of my tortoises her whole life and none of them have ever tried to ram her.
Perfect! This is the exact sensible advice that I needed. I can easily tell the kids to move to her side whenever she heads their direction. It's also great to hear your little girl has had such good interactions among your tortoises. :)

african cake queen

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
ct.usa
Hi, this is all new to me. I keep cakes and the male comes after me but doesn't ram me. Big difference when you have a small tank raming you. I didn't know they did this. A little funny to me. Very interesting. Do they all do this or just males? My tortoise vet. told me never turn your back to a tortoise. Lol.

Prairie Mom

Hi, this is all new to me. I keep cakes and the male comes after me but doesn't ram me. Big difference when you have a small tank raming you. I didn't know they did this. A little funny to me. Very interesting. Do they all do this or just males? My tortoise vet. told me never turn your back to a tortoise. Lol.
This is new to me too:) It's my understanding that both genders ram. I hear it a lot with sulcatas, but know that other torts do it too. Maybe you have something to look forward too?..ha ha ha

african cake queen

5 Year Member
ct.usa
This is new to me too:) It's my understanding that both genders ram. I hear it a lot with sulcatas, but know that other torts do it too. Maybe you have something to look forward too?..ha ha ha
Lol, don't think my pancake could flatten me. I would look pretty funny running from one.

Blakem

10 Year Member!
California
I've never been rammed by Dex. But, I have a friend who owns 8 sulcatas and one is very aggressive and tries to ram often. I know someone who owns a sulcata that was 100 pounds at the time.They took their sulcata for a showing at petco and it moved an isle no problem. I believe it was because the isle was in the way.

Godfrey's Mom

NE Ohio
Godfrey (the big guy at 45 lbs) has rammed me a few times. I can tell when he is going to, he kind of gets up on his toes and rocks back and forth then lunges. It's when i am in his way, and we kind of have a stand off, where he will try to push me, and then give up. It's cute. But, even better, if i am sitting in a lawn chair, he will ram the legs and move me and the chair. I don't know if he does it for attention or boredom. He loves to move things around. So we give him buckets and balls and other items. Periodically he just gets full of **** and vinegar and tanks through everything.