growing plants in enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

laramie

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Scottsdale, AZ
I would like to grow some plants in Wilbur's enclosure or put some in that I already have growing. but I have a question. Just how to do it? Should I block off a section of the enclosure to plant them? If anyone here has done this, can you please give me some tips?

AnthonyC

5 Year Member
New York
RE: growing plants in encloosure

I tried to grow dandelions and broad leaf plantains in my enclosure, but the eat them all as soon as they broke through the ground. I also tried to block them off with some stones, but they just barged right through that too! They're like little tanks... I can't stop 'em! :p

ewam

5 Year Member
Southern Ca.
RE: growing plants in encloosure

You can put them in pots but don't put all the way to the ground but up higher to where Wilbur can't get them. Then once the plant is established and can't be damaged if he where to walk over it put the plant level to the ground.

jesst

5 Year Member
Florida
I bought the little seed packet from sulcatafood.com and placed them in the bottom of a planter holder with some top soil and it worked great. It has been about 3 days and it is already growing. The humidity and light within your enclosure should be fine. I cant wait for Morla to graze on them. Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.