Greetings from Termite Farmer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Termite Farmer

5 Year Member
Hello everyone. I’ve just learned of this forum and have been impressed with the thoughtful content contained within.
I live in SW Florida where I keep 2.5 Hermans, 1.1.4 Stars, 2.5Eguiptians and 1.3 good old Florida box turtles.
The termite farmer moniker is from my other vice, dart frogs and the feeders they require.
Thanks again for being here and I appreciate what a tremendous resource you all are.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Termite Farmer:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

May we know your name?

stephiiberrybean

5 Year Member
Nottingham, U.K
I'm going to be the one to ask the blonde questions now,
Just living up to my hair colour ;)

What is a termite farmer?
and what does "The termite farmer moniker is from my other vice, dart frogs and the feeders they require" mean?

Welcome :tort:

Termite Farmer

5 Year Member
Termite Farmers farm....er termites. Kind of like a Cactus Farmer in our tortoise world would farm cactus. Actually I harvest and sell both.
Small tropical frogs (Poison Dart Frogs) and lizards go for termites like kids to candy only they are very good for them. "My other vice" is another way of expressing "hobby/addiction".
My appologies for my criptic into.
Cheers, Dal

stephiiberrybean

5 Year Member
Nottingham, U.K
Termite Farmer said:
Termite Farmers farm....er termites. Kind of like a Cactus Farmer in our tortoise world would farm cactus. Actually I harvest and sell both.
Small tropical frogs (Poison Dart Frogs) and lizards go for termites like kids to candy only they are very good for them. "My other vice" is another way of expressing "hobby/addiction".
My appologies for my criptic into.
Cheers, Dal

No worries. I knew other vice meant hobby. I was just intrigued in the frog and termite thing.
We don't have termite farmers in the Uk so it confused me highly when you said you farm termites, I was like wha?!
How do you farm a termite?

Status
Not open for further replies.