Great Dane?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreadyA

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
southern cal.
Our family used to have one about 10years ago.they're huuuuge! She used to jump on me(quite scary!)...mind you, I was 11 and the size of a noodle.
Other than that she was awesome

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
My neighbor had 2 many many many years ago, but sadly they both died from some type of twisted stomach thing about 3 years apart, great dogs though. even if their tails hurt when they were happy to see you.

Floof

10 Year Member!
Southern California
No... Well, not yet, anyway! I'm determined to have a Dane or two some day. Probably not any time soon, but they're one of my favorite breeds (tied second with English Mastiff; boxers are #1). =)

Dmmj-- Bloat? How horrible. That must have been devastating for the owner... =(

I

Italianlnm

My hubby has put a deposit on a Harliquin pup for me for Christmas.. Which is why I was asking..

Wanted some input on them. I have Always wanted one, and he has got one for me.. This will be our first Christmas together so I was very happy with my present. We dated 5 years before getting married, and I always tried to get him to get me one.. And he always told me no way!

But what a nice surprise.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
So do we have pictures of this great gift?? I like the harlie color patttern the best in the Danes.

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Boy you are going to be busy with a Sulcata tortoise and a huge dog.:p

Make sure they don't mix company!!

Will your wonderful hubby be taking turns with you on the poop-scooping?;)

Floof

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Yes! Pictures!!! Oh, and I mustn't forget to add... *TOTAL ENVY!* Danes are the best! And Harlequins are so pretty.. *Even more envy!*

Haha! Stephanie, I'd rather pooper-scoop for a big dog than a little one... And I'm serious!! It was SO much easier to pooper scoop for 2 large boxers than it has ever been for 3 little dogs and the smaller of the aforementioned boxers... Or maybe I'm just weird and my yard size tripled in the mean time. Lol! =)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Has anyone seen that movie where dogs were put on earth to conquer it? The head dog is called "The Great Dane" and its the most beautiful great dane I've ever seen! She really, really looked like The GREAT Dane.

I

Italianlnm

This is My lovely Sadie. She is a little on the lean side, which is why she is skinny. That will be gone in no time, and was like that when we went and got her Christmas Eve. She is a little older than expected too, but I am sort of glad to get an older puppy that isn't 8 weeks old. When she is a bit older, we are going to make an appt. to get her ears done.

And this is Whinchester.. I figured I would go ahead and post my other Doggie baby too. He wanted some attention and the picture is extrafresh (This morning).

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Sadie might be too old for the ears. They like to do them when the pup is around 3-4 months old. I love that color. And is Winchester a Dalmation?

I

Italianlnm

She isn't too far older than 3/4 monthes old.. I am hoping they will do that.

Yes, she is a Harlequin, and yes he is. lol.

I think her mommy was a blue merl, because in some spots she has some blue on her, but her daddy was def. a harlequin.

tortoiseman777

5 Year Member
AZ
i have a great dane!! hes really nice and layed back but he hates water lol and hes sooo lazy he just sits on the couch all day haha and he gets along great with our daschund :) i love him :D

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
My cousin has Great Danes. One of them writes their Christmas letter every year, so it's a fair bet that they are very smart dogs...;)

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
A liver Dal! very nice and I love his name. Your gift is very beautiful. How does Whinchester like her?

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Stephanie Logan said:
My cousin has Great Danes. One of them writes their Christmas letter every year, so it's a fair bet that they are very smart dogs...;)

Sooo cute, it must be adorable to see a Great Dane writing a X-mas letter to Santa Clause :D :p

S

stells

I would love a Dane... and will have one... one day... there is a breeder right at the bottom of my road...

Why do you want her ears done? I much prefer them left as nature intended them to be... thankfully it has been illegal over here for some time... and so is tail docking now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.