Grass eater

Status
Not open for further replies.

RonHays

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Oxford, Ms
My baby Panzer has finally acquired a taste for yard grass. He's eating it like crazy now. Only he won't pick it and eat himself yet, but If I pick it and put it on his plate with nothing else, he wears it out! I think he's around 3 months old now and growing fast and smooth. :)

MistyChee'

5 Year Member
Yuma, AZ
Congratulations on getting your tiny tort to eat grass. That really is a BIG step. I'm trying to encourage my two little ones to eat grass. I want them on a more natural diet and grass is the way to go. May I ask if you just kept offering grass along with the food or did you go the "tough love" approach and offer nothing else?

RonHays

5 Year Member
Oxford, Ms
MistyChee' said:
Congratulations on getting your tiny tort to eat grass. That really is a BIG step. I'm trying to encourage my two little ones to eat grass. I want them on a more natural diet and grass is the way to go. May I ask if you just kept offering grass along with the food or did you go the "tough love" approach and offer nothing else?

I have been Feeding Mazuri to him everyday with diced up grass out of his enclosure. I steadily increased the diced grass in the mix and today i just cut up some grass and put it on his plate and he ate it up. So far so good! :)

And I don't know what it is but when I spray his enclosure down and mist him, he likes to go on a feeding frenzy. Lol

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
That is great, after i cut the grass some of our young aldabras will even eat the cuttings.

RonHays

5 Year Member
Oxford, Ms
ALDABRAMAN said:
That is great, after i cut the grass some of our young aldabras will even eat the cuttings.

Haha at least you don't have to worry about using a yard sweeper that way. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.