Got a New Generator

Len B

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
I've been wanting to get another dependable generator and a while ago I saw an add on tv for a propane push button start from SunJoe. Last week I decided to order one. Amazon had them for $900 while looking, an add popped up from HSN for $700 so you know who I ordered from. I don't like ordering online I'd rather do it over the phone and HSN had a phone number.KIMG1542.JPG It's a 3300 running and peak of 4100 watts. A bottle of propane can last up to 9 hours. I hope I never have to use it but with this one and the old Yamaha I bought in 2006, that has never failed me I can worry less about loosing power during winter.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I've been wanting to get another dependable generator and a while ago I saw an add on tv for a propane push button start from SunJoe. Last week I decided to order one. Amazon had them for $900 while looking, an add popped up from HSN for $700 so you know who I ordered from. I don't like ordering online I'd rather do it over the phone and HSN had a phone number.

It's a 3300 running and peak of 4100 watts. A bottle of propane can last up to 9 hours. I hope I never have to use it but with this one and the old Yamaha I bought in 2006, that has never failed me I can worry less about loosing power during winter.
The name SUNJOE has been popping up a lot. They seem to be HONDA GX series engine clones. Even accepting some genuine HONDA parts. The engine quality seems OK. However I know nothing about the generator head.
Is it brushless?

Len B

10 Year Member!
The name SUNJOE has been popping up a lot. They seem to be HONDA GX series engine clones. Even accepting some genuine HONDA parts. The engine quality seems OK. However I know nothing about the generator head.
Is it brushless?
I don't know. It's a 223cc 4 stroke OHV, 8 horse power engine. Couldn't find any other info.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Yes let's hope for another mild winter. I've gotten into the habit of firing up the Yamaha on a regular basis.
I only ever need my generator during hurricane season and I do a de-service for storage. No fuel at all. Drained carburetor and fresh oil in the engine.
I haven't gotten around to hooking it up to my homes natural gas yet. That would be great.

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
I bought an 1800 watt solar generator a few months ago. Obviously I'm not expecting to power my whole house with it. It can also be charged with AC current and 12 volt. Keep in mind that I'm in SoCal, so the sun shines almost every day.

It came with a 100 watt solar panel and a 25ft cord to connect to the panel. What I really like is 1) it's nearly silent except for a hum, which I think is a cooling fan. And 2) it can safely be used indoors since there are no emissions from fuel.

It has outlets and sockets for about anything that runs on electricity. It weighs 40lbs, plus the cord and panel. It's also easy to daisy chain an additional panel to cut charging time in half.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Nice Len...natural gas....is very nice. I was not willing to pay the premium for natural gas when I installed my generator system so good for you!

I bought a 7500W regular gas unit a few years ago and I use Marine-stabil in it. I start and load test it 3 times a year or so just to make sure. I put the unit on a cart and rolled the thing under my sunroom(built between 2 decks) which has the lattice wood around the 24'x12' space under it.

I found a Transfer switch for under 200 bucks so I installed the system the correct way, so I don't inadvertently fry up a line worker! I think I paid 250 for the #8 cable.....the whole thing installed was under 1500.

I just put my critical stuff on it....fridge, well pump, AC/Heat and a couple of lights.

Nice thing about a new generator...................once installed, the power never goes out! LOL

I've needed my generator NEVER in the years since I installed it......LOL

I did manage to start it and switch the loads when the power went out. 15 minutes later the power came back on! LOL

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
I got an electric generator due to the dirty sine wave electric my old gas generator creates. The wife works from home and won't tend to gas generator. The Ecoflow Delta Max 2000 Watts is in line and can sense when main power is lost and ensures there is no disruption in power provided so the computer doesn't glitch. It also allows for another battery to be added and connected to a solar panel. Had it for two days and VA power replaced a pole so no power for 6 hours. Wife didn't now the power was out for at least 30 minutes when the fridge light wasn't on. EF ECOFLOW DELTA Max (2000)... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09D7N1ZV8/?tag=exoticpetnetw-20

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Here's a tip for anyone using Sta-bil or Startron or Seafoam, etc.....
Find yourself some K100.
It's the real deal. It makes water burn. It raises octane and stops phase separation and breakdown.
It's truly what the other brands WISH they were!
I worked 37 years as a mechanic and I've tried it all. K100 is just fantastic. I can't even fathom how many thousands (tens of thousands?) of dollars that stuff saved my department and the county since we started using it. It's the only fuel additive that we've ever believed in enough to have it in our inventory.
Just saying.....
Try it out and thank me later.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
I got an electric generator due to the dirty sine wave electric my old gas generator creates. The wife works from home and won't tend to gas generator. The Ecoflow Delta Max 2000 Watts is in line and can sense when main power is lost and ensures there is no disruption in power provided so the computer doesn't glitch. It also allows for another battery to be added and connected to a solar panel. Had it for two days and VA power replaced a pole so no power for 6 hours. Wife didn't now the power was out for at least 30 minutes when the fridge light wasn't on. EF ECOFLOW DELTA Max (2000)... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09D7N1ZV8/?tag=exoticpetnetw-20
That seems like a great deal and critical for fragile electronic equipment

Len B

10 Year Member!
Find yourself some K100.
It's the real deal. It makes water burn. It raises octane and stops phase separation and breakdown.
I worked 37 years as a mechanic and I've tried it all. K100 is just fantastic. I can't even fathom how many thousands (tens of thousands?) of dollars that stuff saved my department and the county since we started using it. It's the only fuel additive that we've ever believed in enough to have it in our inventory.
Just saying.....
Couldn't find it locally but Amazon has it. Your praise of it a while back is the reason I started using it. Don't need it for the new generator but I keep extra gas in storage for other emergencies that may arise.KIMG1551.JPG

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Couldn't find it locally but Amazon has it. Your praise of it a while back is the reason I started using it. Don't need it for the new generator but I keep extra gas in storage for other emergencies that may arise.View attachment 351383
Man
I can't praise it enough!
Several local high schools have horticultural departments. They have JOHN DEERE GATOR vehicles. For some reason, kids LOVE peeing in the fuel tanks. (So often that it really is a "thing")
For years I (we) had to remove the fuel tank, the carburetor and the fuel pump and drain and dry everything.
With the K100 you just pour it into the gas. Fire it up and burn it. Though the exhaust smell isn't very lovely.
Then fill up the rest of the tank with fresh gas.
Done.

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
Find yourself some K100.
Just saying.....
I have used PRI-G for years after the other crap that stocks the shelves. Seafoam has an intake fogger that has worked well but PRI-G is what use in ethanol free gas gorilla the generator