Good floating plants?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tupacliveson16

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
The Colony Texas!
I am trying to find some plants that don't need to be buried, and that can float well. Which plant can i use to achieve this? This is for my hatchling aquatic turtles.
*Also, if you can list a price, and where to buy it that would be awesome!
Thanks guys!

tupacliveson16

5 Year Member
The Colony Texas!
Hypersliderz? Is that you from YouTube? The one that just had a reptile contest?
Its andrew71888 if it is. If it isn't, awk.
Also, thanks, how much? Found where?

Vickie

5 Year Member
The ones that always worked great for mine was Water hyacinths, Duck weed, water lettuce, fairy moss, and frog bit. Ones that I didn't try that are out there also that I can think of right off is parrot feather and water clover. I can tell you that mine just flew through all of this stuff pretty good. As far as were to buy I honestly found E-bay was normally some of the best priced out there. Just watch the amounts you are getting for the price.

AustinASU

5 Year Member
Pensacola, FL
Check your state laws...hyacinth and water lettuce are illegal to have in texas. Go with duckweed

Shredder

5 Year Member
tupacliveson16 said:
Hypersliderz? Is that you from YouTube? The one that just had a reptile contest?

It's me lol ,good to c u on here I recognize that name from yt ,I buy mine off eBay they usually range from 9-13$ depending on which person you go through. I bought mine for $10 they sent me two big ziplock bags full.

tupacliveson16

5 Year Member
The Colony Texas!
Shredder said:
tupacliveson16 said:

It's me lol ,good to c u on here I recognize that name from yt ,I buy mine off eBay they usually range from 9-13$ depending on which person you go through. I bought mine for $10 they sent me two big ziplock bags full.

Well thanks! I don't think i can purchase any, due to it being Illegal.

Vickie

5 Year Member
Wow they all are illegal? I know here in Ohio its legal to have as long as you don't put them in the rivers, lakes etc if your sick of them. However, they make great fertilizer. However, mine always ate them so fast I never had to worry about having too much ;)

tupacliveson16

5 Year Member
The Colony Texas!
Vickie said:
Wow they all are illegal? I know here in Ohio its legal to have as long as you don't put them in the rivers, lakes etc if your sick of them. However, they make great fertilizer. However, mine always ate them so fast I never had to worry about having too much ;)

Got to love Ohio!:D
I really wish i can find some plants..
I will never try plastic plants due to me having to revive my turtle after he swallowed a piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.