Getting fat or chunky?

Tortellini5

Location (City and/or State)
Santa Monica, CA
Hello I recently noticed this small drooping piece of bottom cheek/neck, please see foto. Is this a sign of him being over fed and he has gained weight on his face?? Or does it indicate he is sick like a cold or could it be any other illness? I do plan on calling to make him a vet appointment tomorrow, any advice will be greatly appreciated thank you in advance!

Attachments

• A70CA158-CCA3-4FE8-8928-40031CAB4824.jpeg
    A70CA158-CCA3-4FE8-8928-40031CAB4824.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 2
  • D95D6BD7-1CAB-4B1E-92AA-BF8DFAEA3378.jpeg
    D95D6BD7-1CAB-4B1E-92AA-BF8DFAEA3378.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 2

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Hello I recently noticed this small drooping piece of bottom cheek/neck, please see foto. Is this a sign of him being over fed and he has gained weight on his face?? Or does it indicate he is sick like a cold or could it be any other illness? I do plan on calling to make him a vet appointment tomorrow, any advice will be greatly appreciated thank you in advance!
Torts don't get fat. I don't know that your cheek skin is any issue at all. A vet is likely to misdiagnose and offer harmful treatments that aren't needed and cost a lot. Most vets don't know tortoise care.

Review your husbandry and make sure you have the correct temperatures, lighting, UV, diet, supplementation routine, etc...

Lots of helpful info here too: