getting 3 toed box turtle tommorow!!!

Anthony Hill

I found this boxie on craigslist for $4o so I couldn't risk her going to a bad home so I planned out a box turtle for $ exchange in a public location I plan on keeping her:tort: in my 5x5 tortoise quarantine run outdoor for the rest of the summer till I finish my box turtle garden:)
00Z0Z_bizO1Iv08hx_600x450.jpg
00T0T_4sQHA8o6wkf_600x450.jpg

Last edited:

Anthony Hill

She also has bad hunting skills i put worms in her dish and she keeps missing them lol ill probably have to buy bigger worms

Lyles

Sometimes I would browse craigslist to see if anyone in Texas is trying to sell three toes and warn them if I see it. Most of the time they are found by construction workers who then try to sell them off. Selling wild caught 3 toes is Illegal in the state of Texas and it's not common knowledge for these people to check these things. Wild box turtle populations for all species is declining fast, mainly due to habitat destruction, but the pet trade is a close 2nd (with roadkill being 3rd).

I caught one guy just a few weeks ago who has been selling wild caught Easterns on Fauna Classifieds from North Carolina and smuggling them into South Carolina to ship. He has been doing that for years, no telling how many herds he has disrupted. :/

Earth Mama

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Houston, Texas
Nice little boxie. I've got a rural weekend house near Brenham TX. A Three Toed Box lives wild in the front yard and an Ornate Box lives wild in the back yard :). I'm surrounded. Next time I see them I'll snap some pictures and post them.