Funny Tortoise Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

SFCMARK

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Northville Michigan
I thought it would be fun to have funny pics posted of your Tortoises! This is THOR, my 17 year old Male Sulcata after eating some pumpkin! Anyone else have any funny pics?

Thorjpg.jpg

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
He is funny. He sure must love pumpkin. I have a Cherryhead Tortoise and they don't get very big from what I'm hearing. Since your tortoise is 17 years old how big is he it's hard for me to tell? Do you know how much he weighs? Candy;)

SFCMARK

5 Year Member
Northville Michigan
Candy said:
He is funny. He sure must love pumpkin. I have a Cherryhead Tortoise and they don't get very big from what I'm hearing. Since your tortoise is 17 years old how big is he it's hard for me to tell? Do you know how much he weighs? Candy;)

THOR was rescue, and was very neglected for years before I got him. Even though he does not have any shell defects, he was VERY underweight when I got him. He is about 20 inches long and weighed just 29 pounds when I got him. That was 3 years ago, and he is now up to just under 60 pounds. Still a little short of where he should be for this size and age.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Well he's lucky you found him then. He's a cutie. Thanks for the information. We were looking at a sulcata but got scared off by the size that they get but I see on this site a lot of people who have them and are quite happy with them. Candy

SFCMARK

5 Year Member
Northville Michigan
I had no idea how much fun it was going to be having a Sulcata....now I have 8!!! They each have their own personality, they respond to their names, they love affection/attention. I just have to laugh every day when I go to their enclosure and say "Hey guys! Dinner time!"......you should see them com running to me! It is just the greatest thing to see. I do presentations at schools, and they love going with me. THOR has become quite the celebrity here in SE Michigan. BUT, like I stress in my presentations....you need a lot of space for them. It is just not fair to the Tortoise if you do not have a big enough area for him to run around in. PLUS, they eat a LOT!!!

TKCARDANDCOIN

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Ohio
I AM NEW HERE BUT I HAVE SOME GREAT PICTURES OF MY SULCATA AND RUSSIANS.AS SOON AS I FIGURE OUT HOW TO POST THEM I WILL.THAT IS A GREAT SHOT OF YOUR SULCATA!MINE ALSO LIKES HIS PUMPKIN, RIND AND ALL

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
I think this one is kind of funny, for two reasons. One, I don't often see pics from this perspective, and it is amazing how different it is. I had a heck of a time taking these because they kept running closer to the camera. Kind of gives you an insight into their world. Second, the grass hanging out of Ella's mouth... Such a piglet... :)

DSCF7752.jpg

SFCMARK

5 Year Member
Northville Michigan
This is SARGE, another rescue of mine. He is about 7 years old. He always has a piece of hay sticking out of his mounth. We call him "Country Sarge"

country-Sarge.jpg

This is another one of THOR. Last Halloween, the local pet store had a Pet Costume Contest. THOR dressed up like a Black Widow Spider! He won first place It was very cool....people at the store were calling friends to come to the store to see THOR! he definitely was the hit of the day!

thorcostume8.jpg

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
You certainly have a lot of Sulcatas for living in MI... I just plain don't have the room for that many! My two are enough :)

I wish all this dang snow would go away, far, far away.... It has been below zero up here for the last three days.

Kristina

SFCMARK

5 Year Member
Northville Michigan
kyryah said:
You certainly have a lot of Sulcatas for living in MI... I just plain don't have the room for that many! My two are enough :)

I wish all this dang snow would go away, far, far away.... It has been below zero up here for the last three days.

Kristina

Where in Michigan are you? I am in Northville.

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
First I have to tell you that Hermy has an obsesion with cactus pear, he just loves it. This is Hermy after eating some, he was all dirty I had to give him a bath :D.

Hermy-poirecactus-1.jpg

SFCMARK

5 Year Member
Northville Michigan
Isa said:
First I have to tell you that Hermy has an obsesion with cactus pear, he just loves it. This is Hermy after eating some, he was all dirty I had to give him a bath :D.

Hermy-poirecactus-1.jpg

My Sulcatas LOVE Cactus Pears also. BUT, as with your picture, it always looks like a horror movie when they get done eating. Blood red everywhere!

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Tennessee
My Alpha female after eating her cat food -

LookHERE.jpg

One of my males climbing the 'fence' [ used to protect the Rose of Sharon ] to get a bloom -

Mewantbloom.jpg

And while putting together a 'fence' for a new transplanted Rose of Sharon.. one of the females pulled down one of the branches with her right paw and was going after those tender leaves and buds!

Branchmunch2.jpg

NERD

old4x4

10 Year Member!
Sherman the Marginated (8 mo old at the time) cuddling up to his "roommate"

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
SFCMARK said:
kyryah said:
I am in Cadillac, I think Jeff is in Northville, too.

Kristina

Yes, I know Jeff....he is a friend of mine!

Cool, he seems like a great guy. him and I have been chit-chatting back and forth since I joined the forum :)

Kristina

SFCMARK

5 Year Member
Northville Michigan
Here is another one just from tonight. This is Sonny, my male Yellow Foot. He was buried under the hay and stuck his head out when I called his name and said it was "Dinner time"!

DSCN0197.jpg

jpeck425

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Michigan
During the summer, Edgar decided he was old enough to start earning his own spending money. Our "Little Man" started his own landscaping company and is becoming quite the little entrepenuer, lol!

grasscutting.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.