fungal infection on sulcata

pipeermariee

Location (City and/or State)
Fort worth
D2D62769-DC5A-46BA-AF30-6FF616FDD1DF.jpeg
little guy was sitting on a cucumber he hid and now he he this spot. i’ve been using chlorohexadine 2% to scrub it off but it seems like the scutes are separating/ lifting where the circle meets both. i need recommendations on what to do. thanks.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Its not fungus.
But I'd be just guessing at what it could be...
So here's one:
Are you using a heat mat or other type of heat from below?

Please give us more information of how your tortoise is kept

pipeermariee

Fort worth
Its not fungus.
But I'd be just guessing at what it could be...
So here's one:
Are you using a heat mat or other type of heat from below?

Please give us more information of how your tortoise is kept
he’s kept in a 55 gallon as of right now. with coir and plants. he has a dual uvb light that clips on to the side. the enclosure has a top that i close every night for humidity. this time he was kept indoors on some coir, in a bin with both dual lights. he was sitting on a cucumber for some time because he’s been kept inside because of the rain.
i don’t have a heat mat currently because it literally just broke. it was white before i put the blue chlorohexadine on it, then it soaked the bluish color up

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
he’s kept in a 55 gallon as of right now. with coir and plants. he has a dual uvb light that clips on to the side. the enclosure has a top that i close every night for humidity. this time he was kept indoors on some coir, in a bin with both dual lights. he was sitting on a cucumber for some time because he’s been kept inside because of the rain.
i don’t have a heat mat currently because it literally just broke. it was white before i put the blue chlorohexadine on it, then it soaked the bluish color up
It might be raised because of the wet cucumber. And if that's the case, then it's only temporary.
The clamp-on lights always fail. And fall into the enclosure. Secure them with wire or thick zip ties as insurance until you can get different dome fixtures

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
What size is your tortoise?

Sitting on a cucumber shouldn't do any harm.