From the brink of death. Lanas growth rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Missy

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Illinois
I rescued Lana 9 months ago and she weighed 13.5 lbs. and 12'' long now she is 18 lbs. and 14'' long. Do you think that is pretty good growth rate? Lana could hardly hold her weight off her shell and could not walk when I got her. I crawled on my knees and forced her to walk. I hand fed her for several days and forced water with a syringe. Now she eats like a pig and we take our walks on the sidewalk when weather permits. She has an outdoor enclosure that she is outgrowing. Working on a new one for her and Tank. She is so sweet and loves to be scratched under the chin. She holds no grudges for being so mistreated. She stole my heart and I love her.

Attachments

• DSC03866.JPG
    DSC03866.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 66

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
She looks good and the fact the she looks like she is thriving now is always good news.

Miss_Kat

5 Year Member
LA
WAY TO GO!! That story makes me smile :D Thank goodness you can into that little torts life!

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Good for you Missy- you literally saved her life :D She sounds like a special girl, and she is lucky to be under your care now!

Sky2Mina

10 Year Member!
Bangkok
Aww, that warms my heart. I'm so happy she found a loving home. She looks great!

ADVANceNA

5 Year Member
awesome story =D wow it seriously honestly brought a genuine smile to my face reading the story and then seeing her pics. congrats and i whole heartedly commend you !

M

Maggie Cummings

You did a good job. She looks great and with you all her new growth with even out and that little bit of pyramiding that she has will go to little peaks. She's a pretty girl and you did good.

Status
Not open for further replies.