For Adoption: Male Hermanns Tortoise in Massachusetts

Xabyr

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Massachusetts
Hello forums. I own a male Hermanns tortoise aquired as an adult, but estimated to be about 10-15 years old. I love him to death, but Ive decided to give him up for several reasons. Im not really an experienced reptile person by any means, and I feel bad for him. I love him, but Im busy a lot of the time and Im not home much, and he could be recieving better care than he is. I wanted to try to make it work, but Ive had him for two years now, and while hes receiving adaquate care with me, he deserves the BEST care. That being said, Im not going to rehome him until Ive found someone who can take better care of him than I do. Deep down I know its the right thing to do. I dont want any pets other than fish until Im done with school and have a job, which is at least 2 years away.

Xabyr

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
He currently lives in a 4x4 foot enclosure and eats 'spring mix' (mixed greens) from the grocery store. Id like the new owner to match or exceed his current enclosure, and provide him with a better diet. Photographic proof of your enclosure is required. Previous tortoise experience is preferred. Id be willing to part with him, as well as his enclosure and all of his supplies that I have for him for free (restrictions apply).

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Just to clarify... a) your giving him away to the "right" person for free b) folks will want to know if you will ship or where your located.

Xabyr

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
A) Yes.
B) Im in the Springfield area of Western Massachusetts. Id rather not ship him unless I have to, but if you're otherwise an amazing candidate, Ill consider it.

Xabyr

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
You can see a photo of him in my profile/default picture. Im looking for a home for him though. I dont want to give him to someone only to have them turn around and sell him...

baker27

5 Year Member
I'm interested. I have a greek hatchling now that is in a 3x6ft tortoise table now. We are in the process of building him a new one so I have a large enough area for a hermanns. In the warmer months they will be able to graze in an outside enclosure that we are redoing for next year. I live in Ct about an hour south of you. Could you PM me if he is still available? Thanks

theresal

5 Year Member
Terrytown,LA
If you are willing to ship, I have a friend here in Louisiana that would probably be interested in him. She has several different tortoises and also keeps box turtles. If you would like her phone number feel free to send me a private message as she is not a member of the forum. Whatever you do, I hope your tortoise finds a good home.

tylerfitz420

5 Year Member
East Greenbush, NY
Hi,I am about an hour and 1/2 away from you around Albany, NY.
I have kind of become a tortoise rescue. lol People over the past 3 years give me there no longer wanted tortoises.
I have 7 Russians, and 1 Greek. I can provide both outdoor and indoor enclosures.
I am a retired 54 year old grandmother who is totally engrossed with my tortoise addiction and hobby.
You don't have to worry about him being rehomed over and over again. They are here to stay.
If you are interested in photos it would easier for me to use email or even text messaging.
Let me know maybe we could meet 1/2 way?
my email is [email protected], email me if you would like pictures.
Sincerely,
Debbie