noblequintin

Location (City and/or State)
Caldwell Idaho
None of these look like fungal infections to me. The ones on the neck look like sores from the skin rubbing on the upper shell when the tortoise moves his head around. The one on the right side of the face could just be a normal colored scale from what I can tell, and the ones on the left side look as though they could be food stains or remnants.

This tortoise's skin looks quite dry to me. I would recommend that you soak it in lukewarm water daily for 20-30 minutes to keep it well hydrated.
Does this look like a fungal infection and after math to you please answer asap F970CD6A-EC33-4230-B7F4-CA3684A946C7.jpegA0BB7E7E-C21E-4548-967E-73B0D2B401F8.png

DoubleD1996!

Memphis
If your vet administered the medication with a needle, this is more than likely inflammation. Was it given in the back legs?

zovick

10 Year Member!
Does this look like a fungal infection and after math to you please answer asap View attachment 337850View attachment 337851
The redness is inflammation from some injury or irritation, but I cannot tell you exactly what caused it.

If it was from fungus, you would think that there would still be fungus visible on the skin, but I can only see red skin and nothing obvious which would have caused it in these photos.

mark1

5 Year Member
ohio
if we're guessing , looks like cellulitis , bacterial , some of which is very difficult to treat ........ my turtle would be visiting the vet .......

DoubleD1996!

Memphis
Oh, makes since. Try a product called turtle fix. It works amazingly; healing abrasions and would tackle a respiratory infection. It's made by api. People overlook it but I has cures many of my turtles ri. Also, acriflavine soaks will do wonders as well. Give either a shot.

noblequintin

Caldwell Idaho
getting antibiotics and getting the right antibiotic are two different things .........
Well. Vet said if it was anything to worry about the antibiotics would help. But she’s worried about giving other medication cus she so small. And I tried a couple days without antibiotics cuz I thought the same thing and that’s when it got worse. Hoping for best please pray for her she’s had it Tough

DoubleD1996!

Memphis
Well. Vet said if it was anything to worry about the antibiotics would help. But she’s worried about giving other medication cus she so small. And I tried a couple days without antibiotics cuz I thought the same thing and that’s when it got worse. Hoping for best please pray for her she’s had it Tough
Don't worry. She'll be fine. Just keep feeding her and doing those water changes??

DoubleD1996!

Memphis
Trying ointment on foot and dry docking to prevent infection because skin tore. Ok to do ? Looked up and said neosporin had pain relief and that’s what I want. Ok to do ?
I don't know how effective that'd be with the turtle in water. I say just give it time. Maybe 2 weeks. Leave the turtle alone, so long as it's acting normal. Red eared sliders are hardy. Turtles in general are good at bouncing back.

noblequintin

Caldwell Idaho
B65EC61C-3EC2-447A-9782-2E34EF7F3FC9.png
getting worse and rest of leg a lil red now to . She got another shot today and I’m applying first aid to see if it helps. Worried. ANY ADVICE TO STOP SWELLING!?

DoubleD1996!

Memphis
View attachment 337926
getting worse and rest of leg a lil red now to . She got another shot today and I’m applying first aid to see if it helps. Worried. ANY ADVICE TO STOP SWELLING!?
For one, I think you should stop the shots and try the above methods. You could also try soaks in warm water with about 2 tablespoons of aquarium salt once or twice a day.

mark1

5 Year Member
ohio
what antibiotic is she recieving ? the injections are in the front half of the turtle ? i didn't mean give her no antibiotics , i meant possibly the antibiotic your giving are not effective , or not effective enough, ....giving two different antibiotics simultaneously is not unheard of ........ there are some pretty resistant , nasty, bacteria around ..... skin infections are often staph , MRSA is a staph infection , folks end up hospitalized for staph infections , on IV antibiotics , folks lose limbs to staph infections ..... there are vets who would find your turtle not that small in comparison to what they work on ... i'd use chlorhexadine as far as a topical , leave it dry before putting her back in the water ...... just looking at your pics , i'm pretty sure this would concern me , your vet has seen this ???

noblequintin

Caldwell Idaho
what antibiotic is she recieving ? the injections are in the front half of the turtle ? i didn't mean give her no antibiotics , i meant possibly the antibiotic your giving are not effective , or not effective enough, ....giving two different antibiotics simultaneously is not unheard of ........ there are some pretty resistant , nasty, bacteria around ..... skin infections are often staph , MRSA is a staph infection , folks end up hospitalized for staph infections , on IV antibiotics , folks lose limbs to staph infections ..... there are vets who would find your turtle not that small in comparison to what they work on ... i'd use chlorhexadine as far as a topical , leave it dry before putting her back in the water ...... just looking at your pics , i'm pretty sure this would concern me , your vet has seen this ???
Yes not really anything done