Female Spotted Turtle

Status
Not open for further replies.

HermanniChris

TFO Sponsor
10 Year Member!
This girl orginially was purchased from Glades Herp 2 years ago. She's fat, healthy and has an awesome amount of big spots on her carapace and even head. She eats like a pig on beef heart, fish, pellets and insects. She is also proven.

$225 plus shipping

*NO SALES TO WHERE SPOTTED TURTLES ARE PROTECTED!*

*NO TRADES*

[email protected]

DSC06491.jpg

DSC06494.jpg

purpod

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Location (City and/or State)
Ventura County, CA
Greetings Chris ~

I never knew that they had been taken off of the protected listings..?

I used to live in NC and our property had water at the edge... I found a spotted pond turt, and not knowing the species, I asked around.. found out that they were protected, so I called Fish and Game to see if I could get a permit; the man on the other end was a freaking jerk, told me that if I did not put the turtle back, he would fine me, etc... since he knew who I was and my telephone number, he could get my address and check..

So I let her go. The next year, I found two more, and screw that jerk, I set 'em up. They were great fun & I loved watching the two play around. About a year later, we had the chance to move back to Cali and I wanted to bring them with me. However, when I went to clean out the enclosure, I found 3 eggs!! OMGosh, I was a Gramma and didn't even know it, lol! Needless to say, I put them and their eggs at the property edge.

They are very full of personality, and gorgeous too... but again, I did not know they had been taken off of the endangered listing...

Anyways, great pic and enjoy while you have her!
Purpod

emydidman

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Spotted turtles are not yet classified as "endangered". That designation is very specific, and typically refers to a Federally Endangered species. Although, some individual States do list things as State Endangered.

Spotted turtles are, however, protected in virtually every State in which they occur. They are still protected in NC, but they now allow you to keep up to 5 without a permit. When I lived there, they gave me the same attitude. Things have recently changed, and the guys that have taken over are good guys.

Chris is permitted to keep, breed, and sell protected turtles. He obtained this female legally from a supplier in Florida. She is absolutely beautiful, and I am shocked that she hasn't sold yet at this price. People don't usually offer females of this caliber for sale, and certainly not at this price.

purpod

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Location (City and/or State)
Ventura County, CA
Nice reply, thanx! And yeah, trust me, if I had a way to set her up well, I'd go for it, to be sure! I have to just step aside.. But she sure is a beauty! I bet she's full of chartacter too, as she smiles atcha in the front view pic... :p

Be well,
Purpod

Status
Not open for further replies.