Favorite SyFy TV show/Is time travel possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

expo tort

5 Year Member
I like fringe and sanctuary. Also I'm in the dark. Enlighten me with your knowledge of theoretical physics.

Pokeymeg

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Boston, MA
I love Merlin! (Technically not Syfy original, but whatever!) Also, Firefly - I'm still mourning its cancellation.

Spn785

5 Year Member
Mid-Missouri
Pokeymeg said:
I love Merlin! (Technically not Syfy original, but whatever!) Also, Firefly - I'm still mourning its cancellation.

I'm sad about Firefly too.

Also Time travel is not impossible (theoretically NOTHING is impossible you could walk up to a wall and go right through it), however if someone intentionally manages to travel through time, they would have just stumbled onto something. All humans perceive time as being linear, moving always forward from one moment to the next, but this is not the reality. We can mathematically show time as the fourth dimension (the first three are the spacial deminsions of length width and height), but we cannot accurately explain in words the reality of time.

srod

5 Year Member
New Orleans
speaking of time travel....
Doctor Who
Stargate
Battlestar Galactica

:D

Also missing firefly

yagyujubei

5 Year Member
Amish Country
Lexx, Farscape, Primordial, Doctor Who, Walking Dead, Merlin ...there are no natural laws which prevent time travel.

Nay

10 Year Member!
Belchertown Ma
I didn't know of Fringe and/or Sanctuary. Are they 2 different shows?
I love anything will Time Travel!

jeninak907

5 Year Member
South Carolina
I LOVE Fringe we have been using tourent to down load all the seasons. Working on # 4 right now. We usually watch 2-3 episodes at a time. Its quite addicting. :)

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
I loved fringe for all of the seasons except for this last season :( It's too far out there even for me.

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
I love fringe too but I agree this season isn't the best... I think Walter just isn't eccentric or happy enough.

I also like firefly, and pretty much all the other syfy shows EXCEPT the ghost hunters shows which IMO ruined the channel. I prefer science channel ovet syfy since they play firefly, fringe, and myth busters :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I love all the Star Treks. Are they SciFy? But TNG is my favorite.

Is Firefly the one that has the same actor as the guy in Castle?

mira_kaylee

5 Year Member
Mid-Missouri
Yes, Firefly is the one that has the same actor as the guy in Castle. Star Trek is good too :)

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
I'm in the middle of THE TWILIGHT ZONE MARATHON. Up right now? To Serve Man!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
What do I want? Time travel.

When do I want it? Irrelevant.

I "borrowed" this little tidbit from someone else. Didn't invent it.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I love stories about the cowboy era, but would I want to live there? no thank you. There are too many mod cons that I've grown accustomed to.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Terry Allan Hall said:
So....if all of y'all had access to a Time Machine, how would y'all make use of it?

Where and when would y'all to go?

Oh, I could write VOLUMES about this...

First thing I would do is go back and right the wrongs I have committed in life. To "undo" the hurt that I have caused. The bonus would be that I get to keep the knowledge and experience gained by whatever happened, but the hurt I caused to others could be gone.

I've considered going back and "fixing" some of the major crimes of history, but who can say what the outcome of this tampering would be. It is unthinkable to NOT prevent something like Hitler's evil misdeed's, but what if assassinating a young Hitler led to someone even worse filling his shoes? I have very mixed emotions and thoughts about the potential good and harm that could be done by tampering with histories greatest atrocities.

Of course I would spend countless days and years exploring the natural world before humans came along and spoiled so many things.

I'd also go into the future and try to see what was to come. I would then try to prepare for such things for me and my family. In my mind, this small scale tampering, would be less harmful than something on a larger scale. Saving or helping the few individuals that matter most to me, would not necessarily have the same effect as preventing a monstrous public figure from murdering millions.

I think I might also become a bit of a "Time Vigilante". My new modified headline would instead read "Troubled Young Man Murdered While Trying To Forcibly Enter A School With Weapons In Hand And Malice In His Heart..." The article would read that the murderer of this young man seemed to disappear into thin air...

The potential is endless...

Status
Not open for further replies.