Kristina

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Cadillac, Michigan
Neal said:
Kristina said:
p436144293-3.jpg

This would be a basilisk, correct?

Nope, Hairy Bush Viper, Atheris hispida. Comes from Uganda and Kenya. Pretty freakin' cool ain't he? LOL.

Weda737

5 Year Member
NC
You guys can name all the species you want, but my boy Rufus is the best! lol
Picture378.jpg

011.jpg

bikerchicspain

5 Year Member
spain
My favourite is the imperial boa, i just love them, i had one at work called Ernie he was an imperial boa morhed with a hogg island. he was gorgeous

tyler0912

5 Year Member
Blackburn, U.K.
My Favourite snakes, are garter snakes...i love them so cute! ! :) I use to have one and was advised when i was 10 to keeep it on sawdust by the petshop...his eye turned red and burst due to this....I felt so sorry for him...never cried so much!! :(

NudistApple

5 Year Member
Pittsburgh, PA
You Gaboon and other hot snake lovers are totally crazy! :p
I have a healthy respect for them, but I wouldn't keep a pet that could kill me.

I'm very fond of most snakes, but I have a special place in my heart for hognoses, and sand boas. They just have the cutest leetle faces.

westernhognosesnout.jpg

tumblr_lpoo1mB0kh1qzya49o1_500.jpg

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Kristina said:
Nope, Hairy Bush Viper, Atheris hispida. Comes from Uganda and Kenya. Pretty freakin' cool ain't he? LOL.

I think you mean a Harry Potter Basalisk. That one is pretty gnarly.

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
California King Snake, because they keep Rattlers away.

Floof

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Not sure I have a single favorite... I have a "short list," but the order changes from day to day. :p

So, in no particular order...
Corn snakes
Boa constrictors
Beauty rat snakes
Woma pythons

I'm also really loving Rosy boas and Pituophis, and am quite fond of Carpet pythons--even though I've only really interacted with them a few times.

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
Favorite is Columbian boas, with African Rock pythons coming in a very close 2nd...have two of each, the boas are George and Galadrial, the RPs are Taergus and Sheba. The boas are very docile, as is Taergus (whom I raised literally from a hatchling), but Sheba is the stereotypical RP, and after 12 years of gentle loving care, only bites MOST of the time.

Also love my corn snake (Grace), my Emory's rat snake (Elwood) and my very rare Slowinski's rat snale (Elsbeth)...Grace and Elwood are making me some Rootbeer Corns as I write. Elsbeth, otoh, is much too rare to cross-breed and I'm trying to find her a mate of her own.

Before becoming a Dad, I had some "hots" (Western Diamondbacks, a Gaboon, and for about a month, 3 cobras...all "souvenirs of "Reptile Rescue").

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Iowa
Brazilian rainbow boa, Honduran milksnake, South Florida king snake, and for look not touch timber rattler.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
The Ball python is my number one, followed by the Hognose and Sand boa in that order. Then it becomes more an individual animal thing.

eframcas

5 Year Member
Miami
Although I love turtles and tortoises, my biggest fear are snakes! I am not a big fan or lizards either; dragons, monitors, or iguanas. I think it is really funny because although I find reptiles amazingly interesting, I am not happy with most of them. This is why I dislike walking into reptile stores for turtle/tortoise purposes.

Floof

10 Year Member!
Southern California
eframcas said:
Although I love turtles and tortoises, my biggest fear are snakes! I am not a big fan or lizards either; dragons, monitors, or iguanas. I think it is really funny because although I find reptiles amazingly interesting, I am not happy with most of them. This is why I dislike walking into reptile stores for turtle/tortoise purposes.

That's a shame! Both snakes and lizards are absolutely wonderful animals to interact with, and neither truly seeks to do you harm--no more than any turtle, tortoise, or other animal.

I hope someday you're able to overcome your fears. I'm sure once you're able to give them a chance, you'll come to like both snakes and lizards!

mctlong

5 Year Member
SF Valley, SoCal
I like Mojave Greens. Wouldn't keep one as a pet, but definitely respect them in the wild. I come across them alot at work. Beautiful animals. :)

AustinASU

5 Year Member
Pensacola, FL
I love woma pythons, western diamondbacks, and my most favorite is the coral snake..... Milksnakes just cant come close:))

acrantophis

5 Year Member
I love rhino vipers, Dumerils boas (have a 12 year old), and red diamond rattlesnakes.

Attachments

• image-4154131266.png
    image-4154131266.png
    330 KB · Views: 21
  • image-1838804864.png
    image-1838804864.png
    286.3 KB · Views: 22

Lilithlee

5 Year Member
Virginia
Before saying, I wanna point out that I never wanna be in breathing, seeing, touching, or smelling distance of this snake ever in my life....

But the Bush Viper, actually all viper, are creature of magic! They are one of those animals that takes my breath away, and very cool and totally scary, all at the same time. I respect these creature very much...

I don't know very much about snake to have a second, but maybe one day I'll get one. My Dad had a boa, I think, for a bit when I was growing up. Or maybe it was a python. Not to confuse the two, I just can't remember?

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Iowa
AustinASU said:
I love woma pythons, western diamondbacks, and my most favorite is the coral snake..... Milksnakes just cant come close:))
My milksnakes like coral snakes too:D

Status
Not open for further replies.