Family day at the LA Zoo!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyGreek

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Los Angeles, California
Just wanted to share some Tort pics from our trip to the Zoo today!

We got to see the endangered Madagascar Radiated "Starred" Tortoise and the BIG Aldabra Tortoise!!! FUN TIMES!!!:D:cool:

MADAGASCAR RADIATED
DSCN1281.jpg

DSCN1282.jpg

ALDABRA
DSCN1314.jpg

DSCN1312.jpg

DSCN1311.jpg

Enjoy,
Kendra*

spikethebest

10 Year Member!
Southern California
if i would of known you would of been there, i could have put you in touch with a friend of mine that works there, and you can get inside the aldabra house and get reallllly close!

LadyGreek

5 Year Member
Los Angeles, California
maggie3fan said:
So where's the pix of your family???

LOL!!! This is gonna sound real sad but we didn't take pics as a family with our camera. The zoo took a family photo of us when we walked in, but then we took pics of all the animals and ALOT of pics of the Tortoises. Haha!!! We will do better next time. ;)

spikethebest said:
if i would of known you would of been there, i could have put you in touch with a friend of mine that works there, and you can get inside the aldabra house and get reallllly close!

AAAAHHHHH!!!! Dangit! That would have been awesome!!! I told my hubby that I wished I could have chilled with them up close too. We stood in front of them for like 30 minutes just watching them eat, hang around, and we even started talking to folks and teaching them about Tortoises as if we worked there. LOL!
When we go back I won't forget to hit you up Spike! Thank you! :D

Kendra*

gummybearpoop

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Great photos!

One suggestion though for future references. On the radiated tortoise photos, put your lens through one of the holes in the fence and zoom in on the tortoise.....this way you don't have the fence blocking the view. I have some photos of the same radiated, but minus the fence. Though I did take a few with the fence.

LadyGreek

5 Year Member
Los Angeles, California
gummybearpoop said:
Great photos!

One suggestion though for future references. On the radiated tortoise photos, put your lens through one of the holes in the fence and zoom in on the tortoise.....this way you don't have the fence blocking the view. I have some photos of the same radiated, but minus the fence. Though I did take a few with the fence.

Good idea!!! I have to admit that I was so pissed that I couldn't get a good pic of them. My hubby kept throwing in my face that we should have taken his camera instead cause he has one of those professional hotsie totsie cameras. He was right, but I didn't tell him that. Haha!:p

Kendra*

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Thanks for sharing the beautiful pictures with us :D I am sure you had a lot of fun at the zoo!

Status
Not open for further replies.