Eros and Gaia's Summer Reviews

Zamric

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
The Crystal Unicorn
Well, it is finally late August and Gaia has turned 3 years old. Eros will be 3 on the 31st of Dec.
These two have had a very nice Summer wandering around the in their very own Grape-vine-covered Utopia, where mazzuri rains from the sky, edible herbs abound and the sun beams are copious!

...and it shows in their growth! As a side note, I now apply Vita-Shell once a month instead of weekly. For those who are tracking my continued Vita-Shell advocacy... I'll also note 0% pyramiding after 2.5 years of regular use. They are no longer under continuous Hot/Humid conditions as of May of this year. Eros is still smaller than your average Leopard of equal age and Gaia is small still but overall growth this Summer has been good!

Eros; Age- 2.5 yrs., 672 gm., 14.9 cm.

Gaia; Age- 3yrs., 367 gm., 11.7 cm.

And here are a couple of ...The couple!

hessbrit

I'm new to this whole tortoise thing, so I'm sorry if this seems like a silly question, but what is Vita-Shell/what is it used for?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Oh, lordy, lordy!!! They look great. I just love the pattern on Gaia's carapace.

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
I'm new to this whole tortoise thing, so I'm sorry if this seems like a silly question, but what is Vita-Shell/what is it used for?

Vita-shell is a product sold in most pet stores. It is a paste that is applied to the shell of turtles/tortoises to condition the shell and cuticles. I belive it helps keep the carapace smooth.