Enclosure update... opinions please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blgreek08

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Beaver Falls, Pa
ok so here are two pictures of the enclosure. the torts seem to love the update. they are exploring and enjoying the clover and all the hills and valleys. i am not sure if you can tell in the picture but there is a lot of ups and downs as well as flat areas. the clover patches themselves are like mountains. i planted them like that on propose.

yes i know there isnt any water in there in the pics. it was soaking in the sink trying to get all the poo off of it lol. we all know how out torts love pooing in the water dish haha

opinions are very welcome being that i am still newer to torts but it seems like they love it. and also the basking area is on top of that brown box looking hide.

Attachments

• new enclosure.jpg
    new enclosure.jpg
    914.8 KB · Views: 211
  • new enclosure 2.jpg
    new enclosure 2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 211

J REED

5 Year Member
Did you plant seed or buy clover grown? If so where did u get it

Jeremy

zman7590

5 Year Member
It looks just like the wild! :) nice setup

Sent from my SGH-T769 using TortForum mobile app

Blgreek08

5 Year Member
Beaver Falls, Pa
i got a seed mix from tractor supply. its called Clover Crush. that amount of growth you see is only 4 days old. it grew amazingly fast and well. i planted it in the water catchers of the plant pots. the flat dish things. using plain unfertilized top soil. i grew it outside the cage then put it in after it had grown a bit.
also with the seem mixed there are more then one mix. the one i got was all clover but they have other ones that have more variety for foraging. there the deer feeder mixes

and thanks. i was going for a more natural look. tanks for the complements.

J REED

5 Year Member
Hows the tort likeing the clover crush? Thinking of buying some

Jeremy

tiff3grl

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Looks good, it there a water dish? I may just not be seeing it. Cute torts :)

Flash2013

5 Year Member
That's very interesting. The clover looks like little chia pets lol. How do they like it? [GREEN HEART][TURTLE]

LolaMyLove

10 Year Member!
Walnut Creek, Ca
The round thing in the corner, is that a salt lick? If so what is it for?

Sent from my iPhone using TortoiseForum mobile app

Blgreek08

5 Year Member
Beaver Falls, Pa
sorry i havent been on much. they loved the clover. i am growing more as we speak. and the round thing is a mineral block. and they munch on it at times. i dont dust their food i just give them that. and yes there is a water dish it was being washed at the time. i was making that setup and cleaning when i took that pic. im very satisfied with it at the moment its pretty self sufficient. esp with them usually going potty in there bath instead of in the cage so not heavy cleaning needed.

Flash2013

5 Year Member
What size is the enclosure and where did you purchase it? I am in the process of creating a larger home for my guy and can't find a "tub" that is large enough. Great job on yours! [GREEN HEART][TURTLE]

Status
Not open for further replies.