Emys emys emerging wet from their hide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeh

5 Year Member
Every morning about an hour after the lights come on little emys emys emerge from their hide with their shells wet and are full of curiosity. They will systematically observe their surroundings from this point for about half hour
1379090485358.jpg

then slowly head out to bask.

1379090826578.jpg

sent from mobile device using TFO app

Last edited by a moderator:

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
Great pics and especially love the second one where you catch their awesome eyes....beautiful torts.

mikeh

5 Year Member
Re: RE: Emys emys emerging wet from their hide.

Will said:
Nice narrative with the images. How do you like using those coco chunks? I've been liking them.

Will

I do like coco husk chips. One of the best finds for holding moisture, allows going many days between spraying down the enclosure holding constant 90-99% humidity. Few months in use and getting better as they soften further over time. Still no bugs, no smell, no mold and NO MESS unlike coconut coir.

I noticed they defecate in the deep corner of their hide where I placed a tray with husk inside and only replace this small amount once a week. Price was $20 shipped for a large 5kg compressed block of . At this rate it would last well over a year, but authentic live forest floor is next as I believe I am missing out on some exciting natural foraging and hunting behavior.

sent from mobile device using TFO app

jjsull33

5 Year Member
Denver, Colorado
Nice pics, I would love to see some more pics of your whole enclosure, do you have a thread with pics already?

Saleama

5 Year Member
Irving Texas
Awesome! Their eyes look like the Raptors from Jurassic Park!

Status
Not open for further replies.