Emergency plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

expo tort

5 Year Member
So what are everyones evac plans for there torts if a disaster occurs.( earthquakes, hurricanes, tornados, etc.)

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
Grab and run....lol...but, seriously that is about it...each tort here has a "box" in the event they need to be grabbed and loaded into the bronco...:D

drgnfly2265

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
FLORIDA
ascott said:
Grab and run....lol...but, seriously that is about it...each tort here has a "box" in the event they need to be grabbed and loaded into the bronco...:D

That's pretty much my plan for my tort and dog. If I put Bowser in a box/tub then I know she isn't going anywhere I won't know about. The only pets that take more "care" are my bearded dragons. My 2 girls can't be put together, they might fight, and I have to make sure they can't escape :rolleyes:

Tillasaurus

5 Year Member
Stay and pray. Seriously. I have ignored evacuation "requests" before and been through several hurricanes. If staying looks like absolute suicide I would evacuate to my parents' home which, unlike mine, is a masonry structure. However, it would have to be a near-inevitable direct hit of Katrina or Hugo-like proportions. I have two dobermans, one fat cat, one mentally impaired love bird, and a sulcata. I will not leave them and the prospect of rooming with them all in a confined space is more than enough to make me stay put.

Status
Not open for further replies.