Egyptian ID

Status
Not open for further replies.

tortoiseguy65

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Illinois
Kimber,
Yes those are Egyptians. Planning on getting some myself in a few months, hopefully. Getting mine from a different breeder though. Take lots of picks if you get some please!:)

Take care,
Jeff Port

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
I agree :D They are Egyptians. He is though not the breeder, he just brokers animals.

Danny

zzzdanz

5 Year Member
Boston
He always has nice animals but, I don't like the no credit cards or paypal thing.If there was a dispute it would seem you wouldn't be covered.

tomn

5 Year Member
norcal
I would google his name first seems hes had a few problems with people and thats why he doesnt take credit cards or paypal

zzzdanz

5 Year Member
Boston
I knew I saw his name somewhere.There's quite a few of those ppl. out there that have had problems in dealings with him.

GBtortoises

10 Year Member!
The Catskill Mountains of New York State
Same guy was very recently selling female Ibera/Marginated hybrids as part of pairs on KS. Advertised them as purebred Marginateds and they obviously were not. I questioned him about they're genetics. Every reply that I got from him was belligerant, arrogant and sarcastic. He claimed that myself and others who questioned their validity had no idea what we were talking about, yet pulled the ads from KS! He also claims to have sold them so someone got screwed bigtime! So future buyers of Marginated offspring beware!
As Danny said, he doesn't breed them, he brokers them for other people.
Personally, I wouldn't buy a picture of a tortoise from the guy, never mind a live one!

kimber_lee_314

10 Year Member!
So Cal
Egyptian ID update

Sadly, I did not see these posts until I purchased three Egyptians from him. I was horrified when I read some of the things said about him. Within four days one of my babies was dead. :( I asked him for another baby or refund. I even offered to give him another $150 for another baby, but he refused. He said he will give me another Egyptian for $300 or a leopard for $350. I've tried to work with him, but he is not telling the truth now about what transpired between us. My husband is filing a small claims court now. :( Oh how I wish I had read this first!

Here are some of the things posted about him on fauna classifieds. BUYER BEWARE!

"This guy scams, cheats, lies to get what he wants. I advertised to me two burmese star tortoise babies that were supposedly incubated to be female, but I later found them to be male. He is a liar, and will wheedle you out of your hard-earned dollars. Beware.Be extremely careful of this guy. I warned him repeatedly that if he did not resolve this issue to my satisfaction, I would tell the herp community of his endeavors. He worked out a deal with me for me to purchase two burmese star babies that were hatched out from John Heidecker with Bill Zovickian's stock. These were supposedly female, but when I got the paperwork from him, they were incubated at 84 degrees, which produces males. When I called him and asked him about it, he told me that THEY COULD BE FEMALE, THEY COULD BE MALE, when he had promised me that they were temp-sexed to be female, which was a lie. Then, I asked him to trade back one of the tortoises for a larger tortoise, and he refused, and told me that I was trying to bribe him for future business. Afterwards, I was so angry that I filed a claim to paypal claiming fraud, and they successfully refunded me the $250 I had transferred to Vincent. (I had paid the rest in cash). He got very mad about this, and started accusing ME of fraud, which was really funny. To make himself feel better, he calls me up one day at 2:00 am in the morning and laughs in my face and says "Hahaha, those burms you got from me weren't from Bill Z. They are DISEASED IMPORTS, THAT'S WHY THEY'RE SO SMALL!!" He laughs hysterically and then promptly hangs up the phone. Never deal with this guy, ever.

and ...

"I have had horrible dealings with him and he has been told never to contact me again. Mostly all of his tortoises I saw in the past were all sick with URI. He adopted a lot from rescues and resold them at full price. This guy is a pretty low life in my book, has taken advantage of a lot of people.
My dealing with him was we traded some leopard tortoises for some corn snakes he had that I was interested in. He took the completely healthy tortoises home soaked them for over an hour that same night and then again in the morning. He then after soaking them placed them in his trunk and went to sell them to another guy. When he got there he said one was dead. Well soaking that much and putting them in the trunk on a hot day would end in pure problems! He called me up wanting all his corn snakes back plus cash for his loss. I flat out refused, I told him it was his fault and should have known a lot better with how he cared for them. He was with them for a couple of hours examining them and kept on stating that they were very nice, one was a blond. He gets things in a resells immediately and he knows exactly what is wrong with them. I witnessed a large sulcata in his trunk that had respiratory so bad you could here her wease from several feet away. He said he got a killer deal on her and a buyer to take her in the morning from what I can recall. I am sure that buyer had no idea what was the case with her since he had JUST got her right before he was with us and that buyer had already paid. He has not responded to any of my adds in the past year, most likely because we now deal in what he does not and that is a great thing!
My advice is to stay far far away!"

and ...

"No business will succeed with an attitude like Vincent's. He is extremely childish, and does not know how to properly conduct business with people. Also, he lies and cheats."

Ugh! I'm so frustrated and sad over the loss of my little hatchling right now. I probably won't get my money back, or a replacement, but at least my experience and the others I quoted will help others learn from my mistake. :( Thanks for letting me vent!

Status
Not open for further replies.