Edit your signature

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Oregon
I've been searching and searching but can't find how to edit my signature. I plan to remove the :tort: until the smiley is back..

I found how to change the avatar and play with account settings...but I searched all the tabs through the profile and none led to the signature...am I over looking it??

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
In past experience, this type of forum software had a link on the menu (hover username in upper right hand corner), but it isn't there. I think it should be this url but it's not working either. Might just be a feature that Josh doesn't have turned on yet.

http://tortoiseforum.org/account/signature

Last edited:

Ashes

5 Year Member
Iowa
I've always seen the :tort: - I didn't know it was a smiley!! lol. Is that because I use the app? Or because I have an iPhone?

Ashes

5 Year Member
Iowa
It told me I don't have permission.

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
@Team Gomberg, @sissyofone and @littledude I just checked all your permissions and you should be able to edit your own signature. Can you provide more information about what exactly happens when you try?

sissyofone

10 Year Member!
San Antonio, Texas
It tells me i do not have permission to view or edit this page. I tried a screenshot but it didnt work.

@ littledude you got the screenshot. Thats exactly what mine says.

Josh

TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
Interesting. It should not be that way. I just ran through some rebuilding of permissions, can you guys try again when you have a minute?

shanu303

5 Year Member
India
still no permissions granted.... i'm using Safari browser on mac and it seems the error message is somewhat overlapped by the Forum & Your Account TabScreen Shot 2014-04-13 at 9.40.26 pm.png

Ashes

5 Year Member
Iowa
Interesting. It should not be that way. I just ran through some rebuilding of permissions, can you guys try again when you have a minute?
Josh I just tried again with that link above - still the same message. :( you're doing great though!! Just miss my mobile app! ;) lol.

shanu303

5 Year Member
India
and Josh is there any other WYSIWYG way of navigation to signature editor? i mean do we always have to use the link provided above ?
you're doing a great job and once again thank you :)

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
Once the permissions are set, there will be a link on the account page. I'll post a screenshot.

account-sig.png

Josh

TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
OK so you are were allowed to edit your signatures but it was set to 0 characters (makes no sense to me!) Anyway, I changed these settings. Please try your signatures now!