Eastern Hermann Male Tortoise to a good home.

Opaenny84

Location (City and/or State)
Dayton, OH
I have a three year old male Eastern Hermann Tortoise I need to rehome.
He is free to a good home with enclosure and heat lamp with extra bulbs.

I am located in Dayton.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

JoJosMom

Platinum Tortoise Club
Canebrake, CA

I am located in Dayton.

Hello! So sorry that you have to rehome this guy. Myself and @EppsDynasty are currently trying to add to our Hermann enclosure to make a group! We live in California, so shipping would have to be the transfer, which we are willing to cover, if you feel we may be a good fit. You can go to the thread "Whiteflesh" or "Homer" and/or "Hermann's social needs". These will give you an idea of who we are.
Thank you for your time, we hope to hear from you.

EppsDynasty

Platinum Tortoise Club
Canebrake Ca

I am located in Dayton.

I just had to say a couple things.....
I've been doing quite a lot of research on Hermann's Tortoises and their social needs. Eastern Hermann's Tortoises being the most common tortoise in the pet trade and us being a rescue spurred this. We have 2 3 yr. old Eastern Hermanns Male x Female and want the most naturalistic and healthy environment possible. To give them this we will need to create a "group", pairs just don't work since there will always be a Dominate one. This group will be together forever on our property as an educational tool to share with the world. We have a hard time with breeding more "Homeless Tortoises" so NO eggs will be hatched. We will allow the natural behaviors but terminate any eggs before life really starts. This may sound cruel but we find tortoises being born to just suffer until finally someone kills them is far more cruel.
If you feel we would be a good home for your guy we can guarantee you this ....He will be treated like all others here with Love, Respect and Dignity just as he deserves.
Hope to hear from you soon